Light Aircraft down at Pinnaroo

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Hi Rosita and David

I'll echo what others have suggested - it is great that you are sharing your experience here, and there is always the chance (although you probably won't know it if it happens) that someone will read it one day, and that may remind them to go and to a little refresher training which the next day will save their life too. Don't underestimate just how much good can come out of an unpleasant situation.

And just another thought regarding "getting back on the horse". I work mostly in the disability field, and one day was asked to conduct an assessment for a gentleman who had been standing at a street corner in Melbourne's CBD waiting for the lights to change. A bus went around the corner, and due to the camber of the road the mirror of the bus managed to hit the gentleman in the head - he won't ever walk again. Sometimes bad things happen, but what really counts is whether you choose to live your life and enjoy what you love, or don't. Pull the situation apart, work out what worked, what didn't and what if anything can be done better next time. And then go out and make those choices. That young man might never walk again, but is so passionate and driven to live his life that I believe in many ways he has a more complete and enjoyable life ahead of him than most people. It is what you do with the situation that counts, not what happened.

• Like 3

Hi Rosita and DavidI'll echo what others have suggested - it is great that you are sharing your experience here, and there is always the chance (although you probably won't know it if it happens) that someone will read it one day, and that may remind them to go and to a little refresher training which the next day will save their life too. Don't underestimate just how much good can come out of an unpleasant situation.

And just another thought regarding "getting back on the horse". I work mostly in the disability field, and one day was asked to conduct an assessment for a gentleman who had been standing at a street corner in Melbourne's CBD waiting for the lights to change. A bus went around the corner, and due to the camber of the road the mirror of the bus managed to hit the gentleman in the head - he won't ever walk again. Sometimes bad things happen, but what really counts is whether you choose to live your life and enjoy what you love, or don't. Pull the situation apart, work out what worked, what didn't and what if anything can be done better next time. And then go out and make those choices. That young man might never walk again, but is so passionate and driven to live his life that I believe in many ways he has a more complete and enjoyable life ahead of him than most people. It is what you do with the situation that counts, not what happened.

Already organizing the purchase of a new digital camera and heading back out the scrub for a day of birdwatching. Waste not a day of sunrises, sunsets and sunshine!
  • Like 1

Haven't heard "scrub" in a long time. I grew up near Naracoorte and we had a lot of birds in the scrub along with roos and emus, particularly in the Big Heath out the back of Bool Lagoon. Flew over it recently and it's all paddocks now.

Two pilots board a 737 in sydney, to the amazment of the passengers on board one has a cane and the other a seeing eye dog. Nervously the passengers fidget during taxiing and the line up roll. As the aircraft accelerates down the runway it seems like a very very long roll until finally one of the passengers screams! This sets of the rest off in a deafening roar of screams in the cabin..... a few seconds later to all passengers relief the aircraft lifts off and heads on its way...............

Up in the cockpit the captain turns to the co-pilot and say "Dave - one day their not going to scream and we are gonna die.... and for gods sake get that dog out from around the rudder pedals!"

I found my takeoffs got better when I kept my eyes open Rosita!!! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Glad to hear your ok and I hope I can do as good a job as your hubby when my first failure happens.......

• 6 months later...

Gidday all. It's been 7 months since our plane crash and my injuries have healed well. Am even thinking about going up for my first flight post accident. Hope you are all enjoying the lovely Autumn weather and getting as much flying in as possible! Cheers. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Like 9
  • Winner 4

Gidday all. It's been 7 months since our plane crash and my injuries have healed well. Am even thinking about going up for my first flight post accident. Hope you are all enjoying the lovely Autumn weather and getting as much flying in as possible! Cheers. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

the new plane sure looked nice at LOXTON.... take it easy

the new plane sure looked nice at LOXTON.... take it easy

The new plane does look nice and sounds really nice when watching it from below. Nice and smooth. Am looking forward to my first fly, still just a tad nervous! Hope you got rain your way! 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all, its been a year post accident and just want you all to know that I have been flying again. Was fine with the take off and flight, just the landing was a bit nerve wracking, but hey I did it! Dave still in love with his Zodiac, with a few fuel tank leak problems though. Had to have a new one made. Is planning o

n a fly today.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Like 7
  • Informative 1

Hi all, its been a year post accident and just want you all to know that I have been flying again. Was fine with the take off and flight, just the landing was a bit nerve wracking, but hey I did it! Dave still in love with his Zodiac, with a few fuel tank leak problems though. Had to have a new one made. Is planning on a fly today.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

AWESOME ... there was a Zodiac flying over here a week or so ago,wondering if it was Dave? I was waving from the strip but don't think I was seen...Went up in the lightwing this morning,beautiful flight:smile:.. enjoy the weather and great to hear your back n the saddle...

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Rosita, proud of you and your husband, the true aviator spirit at its best.........Enjoy your pursuits and your flying..........Cheers Maj......012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif