Tristar Aviation aircraft bent.

Sorry, got that wrong. More news from Channel 9

It was an engine failure after takeoff, the student turned around for the airport and put it down (or stalled it) into one of the few small paddocks left around Moorabbin Airport.

But will you run a spanner over your nuts for it Dazza? 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Turbs, you crack me up. I heard on the grapevine that the pilot was trained on Jabbawhos, and commented afterwards that it seemed just like most of his training flights....

• Like 6

It was a 100HP 912 .I saw the green rocker covers. Im thinking Eurofox since Gazzelles came out with 80 HP 912's with black rocker covers.I think at 4.30 PM the 7 news caught it and showed it on TV, before somebody had time time to cover up the damage.It was pure luck that I saw it.

I don't have any real details, just stirring the pot Dazza 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

My wife called from work when she read the incident sheet about the accident, but there was no details on it about make or model. ATSB were notified but declined to attend. Fuel leak resulted in a liberal dousing of foam by the MFB, after which it was cleared for the wreck to be recovered by the insurers.....typical investgation down here - didn't even bother noting the rego.

It was a 100HP 912 .I saw the green rocker covers. Im thinking Eurofox since Gazzelles came out with 80 HP 912's with black rocker covers.I think at 4.30 PM the 7 news caught it and showed it on TV, before somebody had time time to cover up the damage.It was pure luck that I saw it.

Hi it was a Skyfox gazelle

Yep with a 100HP green cover rocker covers. ( I hope, unless Im cover blind or colour blind). There goes my left testicle.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

PS- I have seen the 9 news footage.Yep Black rocker covers.80 HP.I must have had a brain explosion or something, thinking green covers.Anyway Im glad the student pilot is OK.For me, I have to get used to having only one ball.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

• Like 2

Seems to be some confusion with the T.V stations.

One claims it took off and had engine failure and managed to fly to a nearby paddock.

The other claims the aircraft skidded off the end of the runway without getting airborne

(and magically jumped fences without engine running).

It would not hurt the T.V stations to at least briefly check story details.

At least they did not call this a single seater, metal framed aircraft, a Jabiru like they did down Bairnsdale VIC earlier this year.....

Also surprised it was not coated with the generic "Cessna" label too..

this one still had the wooden hangers, & when ours was flipped over at the air show the only things the were damaged was a crease in the top of the tail, the left spar buckled, 3 ribs broke, the wooden ailerons on left wing broke & the prop cracked. Some of the damage was caused when they flipped it back onto its wheels as they stood it up on the spinner to flip it. They are a great little plane pretty sturdy IMO. The plane was 4oo ft in the air when it had the engine failure.