Pacific Ibis Grounding

bilby54

The aircraft is not mine but I have been the care and maintenance man since it was grounded and looking after a 'dead' aircraft has issues for me and the owner.The aircraft is being 're-registered' as it does tick all the boxes as required..... the registration process does not ask for a copy of the approved C of A.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no contact from the tech Manager and it would be sort of another legal minefield to deny registration even though it cannot legally fly.

I'm also confused. I guess the question I have is 'can they legally fly?"

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andys@coffs

In Australia...Today....No!...Tomorrow....No!.....a month...a year...alifetime.....well thats a question that no one here can answer in a way you can "rely on" in the legal sense....

Andy

Well maybe not here in Aus but in NZ on the ZK register as a class two (two seat) microlight YES!

The aircraft is not mine but I have been the care and maintenance man since it was grounded and looking after a 'dead' aircraft has issues for me and the owner.The aircraft is being 're-registered' as it does tick all the boxes as required..... the registration process does not ask for a copy of the approved C of A.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no contact from the tech Manager and it would be sort of another legal minefield to deny registration even though it cannot legally fly.

Bilby, I'd recommend the owner carefully read the wording in the Audit report - if he has he seems to be taking it remarkably well.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

• 4 weeks later...
Bilby, I'd recommend the owner carefully read the wording in the Audit report - if he has he seems to be taking it remarkably well.

Turbz can you point me to where it in the report you are referring please.

Seems that as of now the Ibis are being registered 19 category which is both strange and having a Yosemite Sam effect on some owners