RAAus Constitutional Changes

Admin

Guest Andys@coffs

I write this as my wife drives me home to Coffs....4:30 togo......Its true they all go up and the 5% to 5% or 100 the lessor, was the only one that Middo suggested was close.....andeven then I think it was 77% for.....

David Issaacs letter was responded to by the President and others that were involved. Much was spoken about:-

Grounding of young flyers

Insurance in total and Professional Indemnity

Coroners report

IB membership issue

the answers to Davids Letter as a written response by SR has been entered into the minutes and should be distibuted by magazine as a members insert for the next (or maybe the one after) magazine.

There was a request from the floor that one attendee be able to record the meeting and no-one on the board rejected that so pressumably there will be copies of the audio floating around somewhere....it wasntme though...at 4am leaving Coffs my thought process wasnt as clear as it should have been......

Don on completion of the meeting (which was around 4:30pm) asked all remaining members to stay and potentially sign a request for a GM to specifically review the responses provided by SR to the David Isaacs letter...but I doubt at that time that there would have been 100 members remaining nor did I judge that the mood of the remaining members was angry in total and as such he will need more signatures to get that one up, so if you feel inclined ring Don and discuss (after 6pm tonight I'd suggest as he has a drive back to the Gold coast strip) the problem was that we were absolutely packed at the begininng of the meeting (Id suggest 120 members (ultimately minutes might show less but there were issues getting everyone to sign the atendance sheets)...minutes of the previous AGM said there were 16 in Canberra )but after 1pm people slowly drifted away as they obviously had other plans and didnt see that the AGMwould likely extend well past the intended time. Thec Gold Coast Flying club at Hecks Field that hosted us was fantastic, Facilities,lunch and the meeting environment were all top notch so well done to them!!!

So I got my wishes, the 4SR's all got up so thanks a million to those that supported through proxy voting, and teh AGM would seem to be one of the most attended in the near term history...

Regards

Andy

I left at 3:30, right at the time that the CEO was stating that he had not yet had enough time to formulate answers to the questions put forward by David Isaacs.

The general feeling I got from those around me and discussions at lunch was "small minority making life difficult for everyone else". The President's report was woefully prepared and I don't feel that many members questions were answered appropriately. But at least the constitutional changes got through so at least some progress has been made.

Some other discussions were interesting around the insurance. Current litigation that they are not allowed to discussed has used up all the benefit from the insurance policy and any further cost or settlement for that particular case must come from member funds. I think this point is worrying or am I overstressing this one?

Will be interesting to read the response to David's questions as we had no real response before 3:30 at the meeting itself.

Cheers,

Shags

Guest Maj Millard

Now this is how it should work !!!...........the voting members showing the elected officals that they put there in the first place how things need to operate.....Democracy and the power of the members at it's best. Makes me happy that I sent mine in, thats for sure !....................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Shags:

Re the "small minority making life difficult for everyone else"

This was possibly people "on message" for the defence; what the small minority has being doing is trying to make life more transparent and easier for everyone else. most likely these were not Recflying visitors.

Re the current litigation, you are not overstressing it, this could be a bombshell for members who don't realise they may have to dip into their savings, and there's no reason this should have been covered up.

Items which are sub judice are not discussed but the existence of the case and the amounts of money involved, and if the insurance policy has been exceeded are matters the owners of the Association and the people who could possibly be hit for more money than they spend flying should have been advised on step by step, so one of the options - settling out of court could have been decided by the owners of the Association. (I must say many of them accused those who were trying to tell them, of rumour and innuendo, and did nothing to save their pockets.)

An excellent outcome and we all owe a debt of gratitude to the team for change which has worked so assiduously for all our benefits.

It does seem, however, that there is still a lot to be done and that more effort will be needed to remove the current problems. Being ready for the next instalment seems like a good strategy to my way of thinking. The team will need a lot of support to carry this through.

Kaz

• Like 7

I thought it was generally a more positive meeting (I left just after the resolutions) than I expected. People were mostly respectful in their interactions and questions and there wasn't any spite and malice thrown around. I felt Don made a good point about the comment in the presidents report stating that the early grounding of the junior flyers was a "mistake" when it clearly wasn't. That was the only time I saw ST arc up a bit.

I too, was pleased to see the resolutions get up and it was the reason I went.

PS many thanks to the Heck Field club for hosting the meeting and providing lunch.