Aircraft available as partial kits

Guest Howard Hughes

If you are looking for a kit which is quick and easy to build you can not go past a Nynja or Skyranger. Build time for both is around 300-350 hours. No special tools or jigs are required. It will cost you in the order of $62-65K finished and flying. There are over 1400 Skyrangers and 100 Nynjas flying around the world so the design and structure is well proven and strong. The Nynja will cruise at 100 knots with a 100 hp Rotax 912ULS, stall speed is 34 knots. I have an interest as I import the kits but I can put you in touch with many who have built their planes and are now very happy with the result.

Greg.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...
If you are looking for a kit which is quick and easy to build you can not go past a Nynja or Skyranger. Build time for both is around 300-350 hours. No special tools or jigs are required. It will cost you in the order of $62-65K finished and flying. There are over 1400 Skyrangers and 100 Nynjas flying around the world so the design and structure is well proven and strong. The Nynja will cruise at 100 knots with a 100 hp Rotax 912ULS, stall speed is 34 knots. I have an interest as I import the kits but I can put you in touch with many who have built their planes and are now very happy with the result.Greg.

Greg: Is the engine choice on the Skyranger/Ninja an open choice? or is it a set choice determined by the designer?

Howard , if your. Looking for cheep ,

I'm prepared to let you come and use my moulds and build yourself an Avocet , you have the Floats , it will only cost you time & materials , be a good way to get another one out there , the 6 cyl D motor would be my choice for the next one , its the right H/P for amphib.074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Guest Howard Hughes

Wrong Howard! I don't have any floats...022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

But I'll be watching your progress with interest!

Howard , if your. Looking for cheep ,I'm prepared to let you come and use my moulds and build yourself an Avocet , you have the Floats , it will only cost you time & materials , be a good way to get another one out there , the 6 cyl D motor would be my choice for the next one , its the right H/P for amphib.074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Interesting aircraft... do you have any info ? Not that Im interested. Got a new plane I cant even collect ! RAA :-(....

i would look seriously look at Vans, RV's there are plenty flying, 1000's! and built by people from all walks of life, that to me says a lot about the ease of building a vans.. you can start with a rudder and stabiliser kit only, and buy the next kit as you go. or buy a complete kit, or quick build. or wings kit, fuselage kit. etc.

plenty of unstarted kits around o the US second hand markets.

The Savannah is another with a large completed fleet. i am not sure you can buy separate kits for the Savvy though.

another i like is the Sonex, again, nice looking aircraft, plenty of model options, and i have seen quite a few around, again, suggesting ease of build and support available.

i am a little biased, the next edition to the hangar will be an RV7A to keep the Savannah company.

Savannah is available as a metal only kit for about $20500, but when the complete kit down to the upholstery, carpets and instruments $30000 for an XL why would you, the extra freight and supplememtary kit to make it up would cost a fair bit more so nobody has ever done it that way. You need a prop, spinner, engine, radio and paint to complete it. Should have a plane with a radio for about $56000.

Greg: Is the engine choice on the Skyranger/Ninja an open choice? or is it a set choice determined by the designer?

The Nynja is only available with engine mounts for the 912 series Rotax. The Skyranger is available with engine mounts for Rotax 503, 582, 912, Jabiru, Sabaru ea81, most of the VW engines. The engine is less closely cowled in the Skyranger but will require modification for the VW engines as they are a lot wider.

Greg.

• Informative 1