Problems with landing

What would be the chance you could rig up a video camera just over your shoulder with a view of the panel and out the front, or have your CFI video the approach from the right seat? Might be that if you watched it after the fact from a more 3rd person POV you might see exactly what is going on. Just a thought.

Find out how high above the strip your head is in the a/c, then plant yourself at the end of the strip on a ladder if needed and memorize that attitude. Havn't tried it but best done when the runway is inactive and no one else around.

Find out how high above the strip your head is in the a/c, then plant yourself at the end of the strip on a ladder if needed and memorize that attitude. Havn't tried it but best done when the runway is inactive and no one else around.

Very Dangerous....one day you will be up a ladder painting your house when you will accidentally step off the ladder thinking that you are at ground level.067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Alan.

The spring on the rudder pedal came off on a landing on that aircraft on Saturday. I hear they are having a few teething issues with that aircraft. People tell me 7314 was a handful when new but she fly's beautifully now for me. LOL

The spring on the rudder pedal came off on a landing on that aircraft on Saturday. I hear they are having a few teething issues with that aircraft. People tell me 7314 was a handful when new but she fly's beautifully now for me. LOL

Weird, spring came off on a rudder pedal last landing of the day on my last lesson in a 170, couple weeks ago. something new to watch for on the preflights i guess, might need to bend the hook in just a bit with some pliers...

UPDATE UPDATE: Been flying with an instructor, different aircraft to the one I had problems with, didn't have a problem at all. Did about 10 touch and goes all good. I and the instructor can only surmise the longer nose in the new Jab is doing something to my perception of attitude on landing. Probably not pulling the stick back enough and maybe coming in a little hot. Now I have my confidence back I will take the new one up again next week and see how I go. For those that kindly offered suggestions, many thanks.

• Like 4

I had a spring come adrift years ago. I had done most of the walk around and the instructor came out and did the tail. On landing I thought the instructor had his left foot on my right rudder pedal, as left rudder wasn't working. We came to a standstill at right angles to the runway and abused each other. Then found tghe chain was adrift.

When I built the Corby I fitted chain, plus bungee so that the bungee does most of the work but if it fails there is chain backup. Works well so far.

UPDATE UPDATE: Been flying with an instructor, different aircraft to the one I had problems with, didn't have a problem at all. Did about 10 touch and goes all good. I and the instructor can only surmise the longer nose in the new Jab is doing something to my perception of attitude on landing. Probably not pulling the stick back enough and maybe coming in a little hot. Now I have my confidence back I will take the new one up again next week and see how I go. For those that kindly offered suggestions, many thanks.

Gee Pete you've now ruined my day.....,I was looking at buying a spitfire.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Nosey Alan.

Brief history. Flying for 2 years now primarily jabs (160,170,230) and fk9 . Fair weather flyer only and basically putter around. Approx 150hrs. Successfully completed BFR 5 weeks ago in 170. 3 weeks ago went up in adverse conditions (for me) gusty and swinging winds aprox 15-20 knots, very bumpy. Did 3 circuits and extremely happy with flight "greased" all landings.2 weeks ago circuits again, calm conditions struggled with all 6 landings. Floating, go arounds due to bouncing, just terrible. By the way, Usually fly same aircraft all the time.

Wednesday just gone calm conditions Brand new 170d long nose. 1st landing severe bounce go around, 2nd same thing, 3rd same thing, now starting to worry, radio the CFI, talks to me whilst circling airfield, check approach speed 60 knots, flare, hold off, 4th severe bounce, go around, now getting very nervous. Talk to CFI again, try again 5th, same problem now panic has set in, finally get down on 6th attempt after minor bounce. (All touch downs on main wheels, no nose wheel first)

Talk to CFI who feels just not holding the nose up enough. Flare was ok at good height. Told me I should go up again but I chickened out.

I have since struggled to work out what went wrong. Is it the longer nose on Jab? Maybe doing something to my perceived view of attitude on landing. (Doesn't explain week befores effort) I have booked in again next Wednesday with instructor to try and sort it out. In the meantime ANY suggestions gratefully accepted...

You need to be able to hear the stall warning horn go off each time, basically try and keep the plane flying for as long as possible and resist any temptation to try and "put it on the ground"