Toowoomba airport open day fly-in - 100 years of Aviation Toowoomba

Scottw

G'day All

I would like to invite folk to the Toowoomba Open Day celebrating 100 years of Aviation in Toowoomba November 3 2012 9am-3pm.

It is a community invitation event with Market stalls, general and aviation related displays, Kids activities, Live Band and a fly-in -

Inviting expression of interest from LSA/vintage/Classic/Warbird aircraft owners to join us for the day.

All aspects of aviation are invited to attend.

Cheers

Will have local aircraft on display. Aeromil has confirmed attendance with 2 Cessna Skycatchers along with Tecnam, para gliding club and Skytrans Airlines Dash 8-300. Rip Cord Skydiving from Gatton have been very generous and will end the event with a skydive demonstration.

• 2 weeks later...
The weather is looking good and tomorrow the set up begins. just a couple of days away now. Look forward to see what aircraft arrive for the event.Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott I heard you on the radio today IRGT the Toowoomba Open day . (ABC ) Driving from Talinga to Roma to fly home. Good Stuff.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Unfortunately I heard that the Wide Bay ( Bundy) show was counselled due to lack of Government funding. Maybe 2013.

G'day Dazza

Thanks for the kind words , it was certainly interesting doing it live first time for me.

I wish to thank thise who did make it to the event. The wind was not friendly, crowd numbers were down and contributed to low aircraft numbers. Local advertising was done but not sure why the numbers were down. I have been involved with events over the years however this was my first attempt at an event organising from scratch and pretty much a solo effort. But have increased in knowledge through the experiance and have had it expressed to me that I have the backing for future events so the next one I will take the lessons learnt from this into the next. And the sad news that filtered through the day certainly affected many participants at the event.

Cheers

Scott

I was there today and was surprised by the lack of aircraft. It looks like space had been set aside for a lot of aircraft but none turned up. I left about 1230pm after spending 2 hours there.

I would have thought the aero club would have run joy flghts, but there were none other than in helicopters.

Didn't see any flying schools at all including a no show by Flight Options with the Skycatcher, even after they adverstsed they were coming. In the past when I was working at Bankstown we ran cheap joy flights (1 circuit) and we were flat out. We made sure we had 3 pax in the 172 or 5 in the 206 for each flight.

Surprised there was nothing from the Army (other than the museum stuff), considering they are just down the road.

My son enjoyed going on the Dash 8 that Skytrans had on display.