What licence required for this?

Check out this video clip.

I reckon this would be a real hoot, but what licences would you require to do it here in Oz?

Possibly a car licence to drive to the water, then a boat licence, then a seaplane licence, who knows?

Maybe Turbo could knock something up out of an old Even-Rude outboard, so forum members could all have a go ?drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Tomo's sure to want to try it, so can add it to his already impressive list in his avitar.

• Like 1

I watched a demo of them at Coomera Boat expo on Saturday just gone. I think that it would get boring after a while. I think a PWC (In QLD) licence is all that would be needed.Then if they get popular, the fun police will crack down on them & try a ban them.

The President of Luskintyre Aviators Club's son is the guy in Qld who is importing these. If anyone is interested i can pass on his contact email.

Guest Maj Millard

Hey now that's looks like the start of a whole new sport !!....dig those low level loops. What a great spectator sport also..................bloody froggies are just show-offs aren't they !!.............................envious Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Picture the scenario, person dives down underwater.Person smashes head on sand bank. Person ends up a quadriplegic .Person then trys and sue government, council, even god. Government and or council bans them.Because people will do stupid things and then try and gain compensation.

Picture the scenario, person dives down underwater.Person smashes head on sand bank. Person ends up a quadriplegic .Person then trys and sue government, council, even god. Government and or council bans them.Because people will do stupid things and then try and gain compensation.

Sometimes the Government had a Duty of care and is responsible - see my previous post where a guy dived into the Murray River and pretty much did what you outlined - hit an underwater snag and became a paraplegic. The Shire had the Duty of Care and had to pay compensation.

Sometimes the Government had a Duty of care and is responsible - see my previous post where a guy dived into the Murray River and pretty much did what you outlined - hit an underwater snag and became a paraplegic. The Shire had the Duty of Care and had to pay compensation.

And this my friends is why Australia has gone down the shitchute.When will people learn not to dive into the water .Apart from swimming pools designed for diving. When I was pool plumber we had to put signs & dept markers just about every where.Does that stop people diving. Nope.

Why does the council have a duty of care ?. Its not like they put the snag there.Where was this persons duty of care to himself ?

People wonder why our insurances in this country are so high.It is because people can do stupid things, then blame somebody else for it.

• Like 2

It wasn't as bad as that Dazz. I haven't got time to look it up again, but from memory the Council had taken over the popular swimming spot, fencing off a car park, putting up signage and advertising it for tourism, so visitors had a reasonable expectation that the area was kept safe.

It wasn't as bad as that Dazz. I haven't got time to look it up again, but from memory the Council had taken over the popular swimming spot, fencing off a car park, putting up signage and advertising it for tourism, so visitors had a reasonable expectation that the area was kept safe.

in that case fair enough.

And this my friends is why Australia has gone down the shitchute.When will people learn not to dive into the water .Apart from swimming pools designed for diving. When I was pool plumber we had to put signs & dept markers just about every where.Does that stop people diving. Nope.Why does the council have a duty of care ?. Its not like they put the snag there.Where was this persons duty of care to himself ?

People wonder why our insurances in this country are so high.It is because people can do stupid things, then blame somebody else for it.

I completely agree with what you ^^^ wrote ^^^. Why should the Council have the duty of care for that? ...I feel sorry for the ratepayers that would have had to foot the bill for the compensation AND the lawyers' paypackets.

• Like 1

Well best you study the law Eighty - it hasn't changed in nearly 40 years, and the last thing you would want is to be involved in an incident where you think someone else has done something neanderthal, then five years later you are served with a summons and it's too late, or worse still, have knowledge that you probably shouldn't have done it, and find two officers at the front door with a pair of handcuffs and a judge with a sentence of 3 to 6 1/2 years.

Well best you study the law Eighty - it hasn't changed in nearly 40 years, and the last thing you would want is to be involved in an incident where you think someone else has done something neanderthal, then five years later you are served with a summons and it's too late, or worse still, have knowledge that you probably shouldn't have done it, and find two officers at the front door with a pair of handcuffs and a judge with a sentence of 3 to 6 1/2 years.

Well, TP, if you're referring to a "duty of care" situation, this is purely a civil matter and the result is a demand for compensation payment to the aggrieved party.

What you're alluding to appears to be something with a criminal element (handcuffs, officers, sentence, etc.).

What I was referring to is that the duty-of-care and negligence cases have gone too far. Even if the Council concerned facilitated a swimming area, it simply couldn't have foreseen the natural element which got someone hurt. Even though awarding someone a compensation payment for this seems over the top, I cannot see this becoming a criminal matter.

Criminal and civil matters shouldn't be confused here.