Bing Carb Parts

techie49

Anyone know of a source of Bing 64 carb parts. I'd guess most would suggest Bert Flood but is there anywhere else ? I can't believe how difficult it is to get an O ring for the idle adjuster. A simple part but essential.

Paul Toone

Jabiru do sell parts as well and you may get compatable parts from motorcycle shops [also most modern o-ring materials are compatable with the use of ethanol] . Cheers

Yes. I thought of that one too. I'm hoping to try that this week. One motor shop tried to sell me a Holley overhaul kit for $34 !!!

Considering Bing 64's are fairly well used, there's no one, or at least I've not discovered them, that advertises the parts.

Paul

i do almost all my spares shopping from the USA. Aircraft Spruce, Wicks aircraft supply, if im not mistaken, Ian is a distributor for Wicks, lockwood aircraft in Florida, California power systems to name a few i have used off the top of my head.

Lockwood aircraft and California power will sell pretty much any part thats in a rotax IPB.

I'd also consider going to a place like repco and going thru their o-ring tray. Cheers

I tried Autobarn et al but although they had o rings they were rubber. I think the correct ones are nitrile and so are fuel resistant. It would be awkward to have one go during flight and have fuel dripping onto the hot engine and exhaust.

I' m going to Bert Flood tomorrow as I emailed and they apparently have the correct ones . Thank goodness though I didn't need anything complicated !

Thanks all for the good suggestions.

Paul

Google ..LEAF.. (Leading Edge Airfoil).

They are the agent in the US for Rotax parts and what not...(and not expensive).They have a very good array of parts displayed on their web site.

Even the little oil lines for the 582 rotax.

Regards,

Keith Page

Anyone know of a source of Bing 64 carb parts. I'd guess most would suggest Bert Flood but is there anywhere else ? I can't believe how difficult it is to get an O ring for the idle adjuster. A simple part but essential.Paul Toone

In Brisbane there is a place called A&B seals. I imagine Melbourne may have a similar establishment. You will find they have almost any type of O-ring or seal you could want. All they need is he diameter, thickness(of the section), section (square/round) and the material it's made of ( nitrile, fluorosilicone,viton etc.)They're usually very cheap also.

Step 1. Measure the inside diameter of your O-ring

Step 2. Measure the thickness of your O-ring

Step 3. Consult this chart (http://www.everyoring.com/pages/oring_sizes.html) to determine the dash number of the required O-ring.

Step 4. Ask for an MS28775 (dash number) O-ring.

These O-rings are less than $1 each.

OME

Step 1. Measure the inside diameter of your O-ringStep 2. Measure the thickness of your O-ring

Step 3. Consult this chart (http://www.everyoring.com/pages/oring_sizes.html) to determine the dash number of the required O-ring.

Step 4. Ask for an MS28775 (dash number) O-ring.

These O-rings are less than $1 each.

OME

Cheers both.

I'll certainly keep the 'everyoring' for future reference. One point is of course how big is the original o ring?

I finally paid the silly price at BF but found the new one smaller than the old. It's on the carb now but if I had taken the size of the old one it may have been an incorrect fit.

Paul.