enjoy flying ---- but its complicated

gooneybird

Hi guys I'm new here, not a prolific writer but enjoy reading the forums. I fly a 582 Bantam and an old 172 in western qld.started while ga seemed quite popular but its going the way of the big reptiles. Ultralighting is far more accessible (and affordable) but still the rumblings of bureaucratic humbugging. Anyway it all feels faraway when the wind is whats left of your hair

• Like 3

Welcome Gooneybird, My old CFI recently summed it up to me when he said ."We should start our own organisation called -the non bureaucratic , non political flyers" for those who wish to just fly for fun" looked good on paper but he filed it under the wrong name and an Audit is now inevitable .114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

• Like 2

Hiya Gooney, and Welcome. . . .

My mate said the other day that old guys like ( you ? ) and me should be consigned to bed at four in the afternoon, given a cup of cocoa, and told to leave the aviation bit to the kids. . . . . . But if my Missus sees me arrive home from the airfield before eight at night, . . . well, the first thing she says is. . . . " Got nothing to do ?? Good, then she lists all the D.I.Y. jobs that need doing. This is why I'm still typing this in the hangar at half past ten at night. ( UK / GMT type time. . . . )

I think I'm going to get my local lady hairdresser to put some dark "Lowlights" in me hair ( what's left of it ) so I can hopefully shed the "Old" handle for a bit longer.

Welcome again, and Happy New Year.

( Old ) Phil

• Like 1

G'day and welcome GB.

I love flying in western Qld. Have flow from YPKU to YBHI via Mt Isa , Birdsville more times than I care to

remember. Some of the most beautiful country in Aust and the world in fact.. The Channel Coun try when

in flood is one of the great wonders of the world.

You ar a lucky man to live in West Qld.

Regards BPN

G'day and welcome GB. I love flying in western Qld. Have flow from YPKU to YBHI via Mt Isa , Birdsville more times than I care to

remember. Some of the most beautiful country in Aust and the world in fact.. The Channel Coun try when

in flood is one of the great wonders of the world.

You ar a lucky man to live in West Qld.

Regards BPN

Hi BPN,yes I like flying this country. You can see the weather coming and there isn't any mountians to run into.On the other side it can blow a gale for days and in summer the turbulence can give you a bad case of white knucle!