The best landing i've ever seen!!

solomon

This is a brilliant episode, I'm on an ACI kick at the moment as I work late nights and watch it on YouTube when I get home.

Not wanting to ruin the episode, all I'll say is that I love the way they remove the debris ;D

- boingk

Guest Maj Millard

Great story and super-landing.........the valuable sideslip manouver saves another one !!....thanks Solomon ............................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Great stuff, Solomon!

The pilot had obviously maintained his basic flying skills of stick and rudder and used them when all the electronic and computer aided equipment let him down.

kaz

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

I knew an old skydiver with one, courtesy of some Viet nam action. You had to approach him only on one side in freefall, if you came in from the otherside he couldn't see ya coming !.....

He would often get drunk and drop his glass-eye into his Jack Daniels !....said it cleaned it up good, and also kept an eye on his drink !....I can tell you nobody went near it ......................................................Maj...046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif039_private_eyes.gif.ee730e198261239d6248af84b953d95f.gif

This is an episode of aircrash investigation and probably my favourite one, the captains story is quite inspirational how he saved passengers twice throughout his aviation career!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YpYosvHFU

Very GOOD ONE Solomon,

Another three incidents must be the crew who flew 65 Nm to the Azores with no fuel, following a catastrophic leak, . . . and landed safely around four years ago, the aircraft which ran out of fuel due to a mix - up between kilos and gallons, where they managed a glide into a disused airfield in Canada, ( The Gimli Glider ) and of course the Brilliant Captain Chesly Sullenberger, who not only managed the ONLY successful ditching of a passenger jet onto water EVER , ( Hudson River - New York ) but also managed to get all of the passengers out, without any fatalitiles.

These are the crews who not only earned their pay packets many times over, but also added to the wonder that is the history of flight. I'm sure they won't be the last, I just wish they got paid better money for what they do.

Phil

PS. and. . . . PUT A FLIGHT ENGINEER BACK INTO THE COCKPIT.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Hey Phil, just wanted to say I really enjoy your posts, your one of us now...keep them coming mate !.........................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hey Phil, just wanted to say I really enjoy your posts, your one of us now...keep them coming mate !.........................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Awwww Geeee Maj. . . . . .

I've come over all warm and fuzzy now. . . . . ! ( And all the other forums reckon I'm a boring old fart !! )

Guest Maj Millard

Hey Phil, You may well be a boring old fart, but we already have plenty of them here so you'll fit right in !!..............................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif