June 2007

I know what it is like flying through there Donkey - I do it all the time and sometimes you can make it and sometimes you just can't - I call it the "Cloud Resting Place" ;)

Here's a couple of shots taken just after leaving our property near Goulburn, taken just before dawn showing my old trike on the trailer. I was headed to the Wangaratta Trike Gathering to hand the trike to it's new owner.

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CGlen%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5C2007_0427%5CCopy%20of%20DSCF0009.JPG

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CGlen%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5C2007_0427%5CCopy%20of%20DSCF0010.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest S Ross

Hi All,

The Australian Flying Photo Comp for JUNE has been judged. Congratulations to SPORTSTAR3978 of Canberra for the third image in his entries, captioned "Who's taking photos of who?" VH-ZMX. Good lighting, sharpness and almost close enough.

In awarding this one, I'd like everyone to consider how much more interest and appeal would be added to the shot if the subject plane was (instead of flying straight & level) on a nice right-hand bank (towards the camera). Not to be tackled without two formation-endorsed pilots, as camera ship must simultaneously fly right while the shot is taken, but worth considering as a big fat excuse to do another rating.

A formation rating with a couple of mates is a load of fun; I once came across a mob of private pilots up at RQAC at Archerfield who used to meet every Friday morning at sun-up, and kept it up for ages after they'd achieved the formation rating.

Anyway - I digress - SPORTSTAR, send me your real name and address (or else remind me if I already have it) and I'll get those copies of Australian Flying off to you.

Thanks to everyone, as usual, for your photos.

Best regards

Shelley

Thanks Shelley and Ross - credit should really go to Kaz as she was the photographer, I was merely flying the plane :)

Figured with all the photos we submitted we should've been in with a chance 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers,

Matt.