Natfly 2013 who is going?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dick Gower says- "Horoscope with numbers" so here goes. Unsettled Friday, clearing saturday, cooler and clear Sunday Monday.

Now this is what the weather guys will say" Mostly fine with a chance of an isolated shower, winds light in the morning with a possible storm in the afternoon" Read into that each way bet any way you want!rain.gif.5409f0367857047bb0ed70f1ff7b4d3b.gif

I think we are going camping at Evans Head. I only found out about it yesterday on the phone. Just got home this afternoon from work, been away for two weeks. Anyway, I don't mind going if it keeps the other half happy, she sacrifices alot for me. I mean, I get to enjoy my aircraft hobbie with no complaints from her, Temora it is too far away IMO. Evans Head is only 1.5 hours away.

How about AUSFLY in that drifter this year,,,,I'm hoping to take the lobo

Anyone got any guesstimates on what the weather will be for NatFly?

Ian,

Looks to me like there will be some weather around on Wed & Thur, then pretty good Fri & Sat with a H dominant.

Regards Geoff

I hope fly down from YQDI on Thursday to join up with other Jodels, but just learned that one of our regulars is unable to go because of rego issues. Not happy. Hope I'm not the only bent-wing there!

I guarantee he won't be the only one not going to Temora because of rego issues.

The RAAUS President said he would keep us informed about the rego debarcle on the website but the last report No.10 of 9/02/2013 was six weeks ago and it said they had processed 64 renewals that week. Considering we have 3000 aircraft on the register that's an average of 60 renewals coming in every week and if you can only process 64 in a week that is not helping to get rid of the backlog. 400 was mentioned at one stage. At that rate it will take Two years to catch up. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

Bugger! I can't go. After working long hours for months getting my plane ready, a few last-minute issues have made it impossible.

The final straw was this morning when I opened a pack of carefully-ordered stickers to go over my nice new paint job.

Somehow my written order for eight 7-pointed white stars of 75mm diameter and two 5- pointed stars of 50mm diameter became ten miniature southern crosses! Also the large under-wing rego numbers won't stick. (I now know that my under wing paint is the only type incompatible with these stickers.)

Bugger.

Ok didn't think I would be going because I left getting somewhere to stay a bit late, but I was lucky and got a cancellation, now I am going, so I will drive down there from Caboolture on Friday morning (early) and go home Sunday morning.

Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys there for the meeting, see you there.. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

David

There is plenty of camping space, just need to book it, and if you need a tent we have them for only $15 (let me know if you need one so I can bring extra)...plus you can always post here to see if anyone else is coming from your area and perhaps share the cost of petrol if driving...the more the merrier and don't forget to drop in to the Recreational Flying tent and say hi (free coffee/tea for forum members)

I am going to drive up for the day from Canberra on either the Friday or Saturday. Leaving at around 0700 and returning around 1800-1900. I will have spare seat if anyone wants to do a day trip PM me.

drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

Phil

• Like 1

Ive had a thought of those who could help in getting this working, a live CTAF - Ground frequency ,via scanner to the internet for those who are avid ATC listeners and would like to hear Temora from afar.. Anyone who has spare pc, scanner radio who will be there from Friday, if not, i will arrive from 9am on Sat 30th. Temora council also providing free WIFI at Temora, a bonus. I can be emailed on [email protected] or 0408863956 , if one can help .

Righto... maps set, flight planned, aircraft fuelled/oiled/inspected and cleaned, and campsite booked. Oh, and ELT packed and radio batteries charged!

Bring it on!

- boingk

PS - Ultralighting and camping? No sweat:

1000g - Outer Limits 1person Tent

1000g - Outer Limits TrekSmart 3 Season sleeping bag

500g - Puffy jacket for pillow (worn during flight)

350g - Mini Trangia cookstove

150g - Fuel for trangia + coffee & cup

All the 'basics' covered for 3kg. Throw in another 500~900g for an inflatable insulated sleeping mattress and you're laughing.