An upcoming event!

ausadvance

Hey guys, well I have something exciting in the pipe line coming up on may 4. Myself and my drifter "lil popsy" are going to attempt to set the Australian record for the most take offs and landings completed in a single day! This event is being done as a fund raiser for a charity very close to my heart, the Friends of the Hound greyhound adoption group from whom I acquired my best friend.

First and foremost right now what i am seeking desperately is sponsors! The nose pod is fully up for grabs for advertising space with sponsorship packages starting at $300 moving right the way through $2000. All sponsorship will come with advertising space on the aircraft nose pod, and coverage on our website. Though the higher levels of sponsorship will be able to dress me up in promotional gear during photos and interviews aswell as be mentioned in media coverage.

to date we know this event is to be covered by 2 local papers to the northern rivers. Channel 7 news. sport pilot magazine. and Australian Flying magazine so this is a fantastic opportunity to get some fantastic advertising out their that is full tax deductible and supporting a fantastic cause along the way!

the event website is www.fly.friendsofthehound.org. while it is still being touched up and finished their is plenty of good information on their for you guys to have a read through. This is a donate section up and active for anyone who just wants to make a donation to this great cause. And as I said, all donations go directly to the cause. All the event costs are to be covered by myself.

Their are also 3 you tube videos explaining a little more about the event:

why

Other ways to support is if you are local to the northern rivers, we will be looking for saftey pilots on the day, who can observe from the ground to make sure flight performance isn't lapsing given this is an endurance event and also to sign our record documents to confirm that all circuits have been proper 500ft circuits and the aircraft did officially take off and land. We have both CASA and RAA's full support for this event and it would be fantastic to have your event to.

If anyone has any questions regarding donations and the event feel free to ask away. Questions regarding sponsorship I would suggest either inboxing me or sending an email to [email protected]. Otherwise you may phone 0401 099 163.

Remember this is about supporting the cause and not me. I look forward to hearing from you

Tim

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

What is defined as a take off and landing? You could bump up and down along the strip 20 times for each circuit.

Wash your mouth out Sapphire, a Fish trained Drifterer doesn't bounce!

Seriously though, I think it was mentioned earlier, Stewards will be monitoring minimum 500ft ccts - one cct per landing.

• Like 1

thats right alan, to keep true to the previous record a full 500 foot circuit must be flown. each circuit will be recorded (take off and landing times) photographed wheels down, and signed out by a licenced pilot it was a true circuit

• 3 weeks later...

well people Im calling on anyone who may be able to help. I have had a last minute emergency come up with our event. At the last minute, tweed valley council have decided they are not sure if they are happy with us using Murwilumbah airfield.

So I am trying for evans head, richmond valley are being very helpful, yet there is still a process we must go through at we are not sure if we can sort it in time. So I am looking around to see if anyone knows of a private strip, or even a paddock we can slash and turn into a temporary strip for a day somewhere local to the northern rivers region. I know there are many strips located around the knockrow, lennox, alstonville and wardell areas, are any of those strip owners on this forum? Anyway guys am very much looking forward to hearing your opinions. Remember this event is full insured, and is not a public event in anyway, their will only be the attendance of helpers from the charity and a small amount of media attendance at certain stages of the day.

• Agree 1

well guys we are moving forward with this. we now have our platinum sponsor positions filled, all our gold sponsor positions filled, looks like we have a private strip sorted just out of lismore for the event, the news crews are ready, the papers are ready, now its all about gathering ground crew!

what we will need on the day is safety pilots. these are not an airborne role, but a spotter on the ground who will primarily monitor the flying (in 2 hour stints) and insure that the flying is being done safely and my flying performance isn't lapsing over the day. they will also be watching the flying to make sure every circuit is a proper 500 foot circuit, and declaring the plane landed each time (all three wheels down) and then signing that circuit out on the official records.

If anyone is interested in getting involved in this event as a safety pilot give me a yell, while the event location is still to be finalized we do know it will be on the northern rivers on may 4 (with may 11 as an alternate for weather)

• 2 weeks later...

there will be a large pit crew hanging around for the day as it will take quite a team of people to fill all the rolls to make the record official. though other than that refueling will be completed in the apron area as per usual, during the set break times. the fuel however is 2 stroke so will be coming from jerrys not the browser.

Well everyone. following the recent loss of my very good friend and mentor, this record attempt has become for me personally more than just a fundraising event, but also a tribute to my great mate and mentor Wayne fisher, and a chance to set an Australian aviation record in the aircraft he loved so much.

While greyhound adoption will always main the priority and heart of this event, it will also be a great opportunity to remember and pay respects to an amazing aviator, mentor friend and father.

find the link below to the tribute page on the event site.

#mce_temp_url#