SIDS Inspection on Cessna aircraft

dazza 38

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIDS for Cessna's is the big issue at the moment but all aircraft corrode, some less than others , usually due to the care in building, and choice of materials. Some 180/185's were corrosion proofed as for sea plane use and the Piper Commanche series were very well done in this regard. Magnesium alloys can be a problem. and leaving aircraft out in the elements especially near the sea. Nev

SIDS for Cessna's is the big issue at the moment but all aircraft corrode, some less than others , usually due to the care in building, and choice of materials. Some 180/185's were corrosion proofed as for sea plane use and the Piper Commanche series were very well done in this regard. Magnesium alloys can be a problem. and leaving aircraft out in the elements especially near the sea. Nev

Hilarious FT ... Don't know what aviation world you live in, where I fly they are all historic aircraft ... Suggesting 'old' aircraft keep new flyers out of the market are you?????

yes, old Cessna's don't inspire young people.

Hilarious FT ... Don't know what aviation world you live in, where I fly they are all historic aircraft ... Suggesting 'old' aircraft keep new flyers out of the market are you?????

yes, old Cessna's don't inspire young people.

I can understand that. They didn't inspire me when they were new, but they did a job well enough. What that job didn't include was being a good training aircraft. I keep thinking of the 172. We ended up with little to choose from. the Victa with a bigger engine might have been the best at the time had it been developed here. Not necessarily as big as a CT4 has though. Nev

I can understand that. They didn't inspire me when they were new, but they did a job well enough. What that job didn't include was being a good training aircraft. I keep thinking of the 172. We ended up with little to choose from. the Victa with a bigger engine might have been the best at the time had it been developed here. Not necessarily as big as a CT4 has though. Nev

• 5 months later...

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to a recent Senate estimates inquiry regarding CASA's SIDS directive on Cessna aircraft. Things are heating up for CASA, it would seem... (I hope this link works):

Was a session on adsb, and capacity and safety at melb airport

Question re adsb seemed to be regarding why wasnt everyone needing it

Technically weak questioning but the issue was discussed and risk analysis requested

• Informative 1

• 4 months later...