Archaeopteryx self launch glider

The undercarriage looks to be the weakness in this design, imagine a rough outfield landing in that last configuration.

With minimum speed of 30 kph (I imagine they call stall speed the minimum speed) I'm sure you would be able to land it, and worst case scenario - if you don't like the chances with the undercarriage, you can drop your legs and land on them

With minimum speed of 30 kph (I imagine they call stall speed the minimum speed) I'm sure you would be able to land it, and worst case scenario - if you don't like the chances with the undercarriage, you can drop your legs and land on them

Can you imagine getting your legs running at 30 kph before touch-down, I can easily imagine what would happen to my $80,000 glider just after I stumbled.

• Haha 1

Can you imagine getting your legs running at 30 kph before touch-down, I can easily imagine what would happen to my $80,000 glider just after I stumbled.

I would imagine it to be pretty similar to landing a normal hang glider, but I've never tried them so can't say.

Not into gliding really but then, I've never tried it. However, I liked that vid. and the plane is interesting to say the least.

You should try gliding Doug. It really is the purest form of flying. If you fly a glider well and can stay up in weak conditions you get the best feeling after it.