Wing stains

Guest roy.counsell

It sure sticks. I would try softening it by warm water and detergent(mild) and being patient and then a soft bottle brush. I would try to keep the birds off it as if they are crapping on it they are also walking on it. Pretend "OWLS etc might scare them away ( for a while). Nev

Put a damp cloth over the stained area and leave it there to soak for a while.

Wash the stained area with a solution containing a pure soap ("Sunlight" or "Lux")

Use a non-cutting polish such as Turtle Wax over the area of the stain.

Remember that bird poop contains not only faeces, but also urine, so it is Acidic in reaction. Soaps are the opposite (Basic). Also the droppings can contain grit from the bird's craw, or other sharp solids such as bone, seed husks and so on. Make sure that you soften them well with water before you try to wipe them off.

I'm told that the worst animal excretion for damaging paintwork is possum pee.

OME

(Who sometimes sh its bricks)

Lux flakes dissolved in warm water. Apply with soft-bristle broom, work bristles around in circular pattern, rinse off with cold clean water. Now you'll have a nice clean spot and will have to do the rest of the wing so it looks uniform!

After you have gone to all that trouble getting it smick, don't forget to ad the razor wire to the wing , that will keep the little varmints of the wing in future , no ! , well just a thought ? lol !!