Helicopter Crash Wollongong

You can't wait for deaths these days; you have to take immediate preventative action if you control something even if it means going bankrupt. Since you and I reacted immediately when such a mild hit caused a releated fire, many others would know more.

So this could get very interesting. Furthermore, since a person of reasonable intelligence close to the developing issue would have known that what he was doing was wrong, criminal charges may apply, and these cut through any public servant and politician's protecion.

• Agree 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I agree. When the Flight manual states its advised to wear nomex, and the company website has preferred suppliers and direct links to nomex suit manufacturers, it would be very difficult for them to defend their position. There are murmurs that some of us may be asked to give evidence in a class action in the US..Nothing concrete, but its getting a bit serious now.

• Informative 1

If that transpires, I would hate to be the Counsell for the Defendents; I would imagine your testimony would be word perfect, not require any notes, and would just about raise the roof!

• Agree 1

I had a very sad reminder of this incident today, when a bus trip I was on, decided at the last minute to stop at Panorama House for morning tea.

Knowing what happened, the evidence can still be clearly seen along with a few floral tributes.

I can tell you it really upset me, and I could'nt get out of there quick enough.

There should have been plenty of room to land clear of the trees, but that did not happen, and nothing can change that now.

So pleased to hear that casa has finally got it's ass into gear re: the long overdue modifications.

Keep yer chin up Motz.

The past few months must have been more than trying for you, and others that were present at Jaspers.

Kind Regards

Planey

PS If you get roped into any class action, your evidence alone would surely have to carry a bit of weight.

Interesting on Bigpond news today. " R44 helicopter grounded ". Basically to story says that there is still owners of 170 R44's that have not replied to CASA .So as of today, those 170 aircraft are now grounded.

• Like 1

yea. They would be the ones who were not going to do the mod. :).. Sorry, but tough titties.. The SB has been out for years.

Ps. Thanx planey. Those poor buggas had it worse than we did (the witnesses at wollongong) they managed to almost pull some guys out..

• Agree 2