Emerald Qld - Virgin does go-around to avoid light plane

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to have been there watching.Those people are all the same Kaz, better to just TASE the bastards!

I've never quite got over the fact I had to hand back the .38 and the Asp baton when I retired to go to the dark side...I've still got the handcuffs, though :-)

Kaz

• Haha 1

Hmmmm, sounds like my school Tecnam which is radio and transponder equipped.We always fit in with the Dash-8 traffic and give them priority but I have to say that some of the Q400 drivers get a bit pushy - bigger plane... bigger head I'm sure. I'll ask around and find out if anyone had any problems with them because for my part, they were telling big porkies to the passengers.

Well, I have asked everyone about here and no one knew of an issue of holding up an inbound dash-8 while doing circuits. We sometimes have a lot of (in a lot of cases unnessecary) radio traffic with -8's but in most cases we all work well with no traffic delays so didn't give it much more thought.

Coming back in yesterday from the east, we gave an inbound call before ten miles and got an immediate reply from a -8 waiting on the runway ready to depart and he advised that he would wait until he had us visual.. huh? No amount of convincing that we were tracking well behind him with 5 mins to run would convince him to depart and I think that was a really immature stance to take. I can just imagine the cabin announcement as to why they were waiting!

The transponder was working with returns visible and we were maintaining separation so if any -8 skippers can help out with why this is starting to happen then I am all ears.