Just Aircraft Highlander

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good thing is that the new super Stol wing can be retrofitted to any existing Highlander/Escapade fuselage.

Yes I took this into account as well. I doubt I would need any more STOL performance than this but nice to know in the future.

Slightly off topic here but.. have the RAA got the registration issues worked out yet and would this aircraft be affected ?

Yes I took this into account as well. I doubt I would need any more STOL performance than this but nice to know in the future.Slightly off topic here but.. have the RAA got the registration issues worked out yet and would this aircraft be affected ?

GForce - rhetorically speaking to answer your question.......

Has Greenpeace stopped whaling in the South Pacific?

Has Julia G bought the australian economy back to surplus?

Has North Korea decided peace is a better option for their relationship with Sth Korea?

Has Jabiru built a bullet proof engine?

If you can answer yes to any of the above then I'm sure that RA 's registration issues are but a long distant memory OR you may like to read the reports from Natfly that indicate there are still some 400 aircraft remaining unregistered - world peace and seamless registration apparently as difficult as one another to resolve.

Good Luck

Guest nunans

The way to do it is make the agreement with the seller that you only pay for the plane once the rego is in your name. That way any hurdles that are stumbled upon during the application process are the sellers problem and you wont end up being out of pocket to make it legal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Just wanted to thank you all for the input here.. flew down to view and fly the aircraft in question and it is like a new aircraft. Or should I say " my new aircraft now " 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Thanks for all your help again.

G

• Like 2
  • Winner 2

Hi Guys, Just wanted to thank you all for the input here.. flew down to view and fly the aircraft in question and it is like a new aircraft. Or should I say " my new aircraft now " 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gifThanks for all your help again.

G

Well done GForce, you got my girl, look after her please....

• Like 1

Yes mate - The deal is done. We were very impressed with the seller, he was a very nice guy who is very well organised and we liked that alot. The Highlander was built extremely well and is just immaculate. Flys very well although my landings will need some much improvement but them, I'm not current any more so will be going down to Adelaide biplanes and spending some time down there to get comfortable and finish off my RAA ticket before taking the highlander out. I'm a very cautious type of pilot.

2084161660_GarthsIponePixandVideo605.JPG.f5cb0c857da216a18ed6fe30b24f7212.JPG

• Like 4

Well I am looking at it for sure. I love the Sav but the issue is I am not small and neither is the Mrs. The Sav at 560 kg only gives me about 245kg of fat and fuel, so I cant put enough fuel onboard for both of us for not much more than an hour of flying. I am looking at the WAC Vision it should have about 270 to 280 kg of freeboard and the superstol will probably be the same. The only issue is being a taildragger and I will need to do some training in a taildragger to see if I can get a handle on them first but the superstol is certainly impressive. I certainly wouldnt be doing "smackdown" landings so looking at seeing if you can get the superstol in a normal taildragger to get rid of the extra weight of the huge shock absorbers but I do like those big wheels

Mark

The standard Highlander has been around about 6 years now as a kit, the Superstol is just a further development of the "avid" theme for those who want extra rugged in their flying, the basic dimensions and design are the same, you can even upgrade a std Highlander to SuperStol spec if you want at a later date.

My research shows that std Highlander builder empty weights are around 275-290 kgs depending on undercarriage configuration and wheel size, and size of fuel cells( they are all kit options).

Performance numbers are similar to Savannah 35 kt stall and 95-100kt cruise, slightly faster. I believe MTOW as ESLSA is 600kg.