Pilot Logbooks

Hi, I'm a Just Landed and I want to buy my Pilot Logbook. Does it matter which one I buy?

Options:

Pilot Logbook - Aviation Theory Centre

Pilot Logbook - Air Services Australia

JEPPESEN PILOT LOGBOOK

JEPPESEN PROFESSIONAL PILOT LOGBOOK

You mean clearprop.com.au? The server is down :(

Re the logbooks, the technical part of my question is that is there a "favoured" one in the airline industry that will have an advantage? I've never seen any of them before in my hand so not sure if one has missing columns vs another which may be critical... Only cos I notice the Jeppesen one is American, not Australian?

I'm probably making a fuss over nothing.

Most pilots I've encountered in a professional sense have had the one with the dark blue cover and gold lettering saying 'Pilots Logbook'. I'm fairly sure its the Aviation Theory Centre logbook.

Anyway, I find its well laid out and has plenty of space for endorsements and flight particulars like IFR, Dual and Specialty (which RAA goes under).

Cheers - boingk

• Agree 1

There is a preference with one of them because one of the columns is wider. It's the one I bought because it was recommended to me but off the life of me I can't think of what one it is . I think it may be the ATC one.

The one you get from clearprop shop has several columns for different types of flying. Cross out Multi Engine and put in RAAus and you will have a log book which can be used for GA and RAAus together. Makes it easy if you later decide to fly GA. Unless you want to fly GA multi engine.

The one you get from clearprop shop has several columns for different types of flying. Cross out Multi Engine and put in RAAus and you will have a log book which can be used for GA and RAAus together. Makes it easy if you later decide to fly GA. Unless you want to fly GA multi engine.

Not sure why you want to have a specific RAAus column.... I log single engine aircraft dual or command regardless of registration. Maybe so you can keep track of the two?

However, I only use my logbook to prove currency and BFRs...doesn't matter how many hours I log with a private licence 076_joystick.gif.1d2ed07889352a966338f6390696faff.gif

• Agree 1

Not sure why you want to have a specific RAAus column.... I log single engine aircraft dual or command regardless of registration. Maybe so you can keep track of the two?However, I only use my logbook to prove currency and BFRs...doesn't matter how many hours I log with a private licence 076_joystick.gif.1d2ed07889352a966338f6390696faff.gif

I log RA time in Black, and GA time in Blue. If/when I get a RA Instructor rating, that'll be in green.

Mal

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

I use 'The standard Pilot Log..ASA-sp-40'...their website aparently is WWW.asa2fly.com. I would however support our forum shop' Clearprop'..they may carry them..................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

I was advised to log RAA as 'Specialty' as the majority of my hours to date have been GA and I needed to differentiate between them easily. Having a 'Specialty' column labelled as RAA makes it a lot easier to total the hours up.

- boingk

Do yourself a favour and get an Airservices Log. It is only twenty odd dollars but looks a million with it's gold lettering on dark blue background and quality hardbound construction. Inside, there are comprehensive instructions. This log suits all pilots, and can grow with you should you become a multi-qualified commercial pilot.

Why buy something by Jeppesen that is designed for the FAA system?

The RAAus log is widely acknowledged as near useless although it must be said that even an exercise book would suffice if you remain strictly an RAAus Sunday flier.

Fred