Import Duty&GST

howe

Thanks Nev & Ignition, Iam looking at a new set of skins ex NZ.

So if were to spilt them up over a period of time it should not be a problem?

Thanks Nev & Ignition, Iam looking at a new set of skins ex NZ.So if were to spilt them up over a period of time it should not be a problem?

Multiple freight costs may outweigh any other savings.

rgmwa

I understand that the customs and tax people can aggregate the value for duty so if two parcels come in to the same person they may be able to say"ello, ello - what do we have here".

but I ask myself "why am I the only one paying tax in Australia? I can't even get a tax free company car, shares holidays, school fees, credit card, Why me?"

I understand that the customs and tax people can aggregate the value for duty so if two parcels come in to the same person they may be able to say"ello, ello - what do we have here"."

Darn toot'n they can but wait, there's more - they can value anything they want to at any value they want to if they believe you are not being kosha about the values, or if they consider them simply to have been invoiced too cheap.

That's true. The invoicing should be done properly. Doesn't guarantee they won't open it all up and charge you extra for the privilege. From NZ they are worried about soil contamination on anything with wheels. IF it is new that helps. Transport costs included in the value. Send some of it to someone else. Nev

I've bought heaps from the states, apart from my RV 6 kit I've kept it under the grand and never had any probs, I'm thinking that if the stuff is from somewhere that appears legit( invoicing ,declarations, packaging) it goes a fair way to getting sent through. Another thing that would give me the sweats is imagining some customs officer on a mission to save the world slicing the packaging of my new wing skins open with a Stanley knife , having said that I've never felt anything I've had sent had been opened.

Matty

I've has stuff opened and bits stolen by Customs (also 'sampled') I think it is not uncommon & from what I hear they are riddled with corruption. This was through the mail & not aircraft parts.

The first few years in China my daughter reguarly sent various 'Oz goods' packages - nearly always the Mars Bars, Cadbury Chocolate and Tim Tams went missing but never the Vegemite 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I recently purchased a set of skins for a Rans S-12 from the US and had to pay GST plus Customs fee despite prostestations about them being aircraft parts.030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

Stuff isn't exept from GST because its aircraft parts, there's no duty as such but if its over $1000 you'll get to pay GST and all the customs fees ,this isn't duty as it used to be , can't remember how much but 25% rings a bell .