AUSFLY 2013

Bubbleboy

I'm going , have a display site booked with the Avocet , first time out sincere rebuild , and staying in a motel room .

SAAA diner on Saturday night , leaving on Wednesday. My son is driving so will have transport and stuff to set up site .

Less than a month to go !

Cheers Mike

Turbo jab , well ill be !Care to fill us all in on the details ?

Mike

Mike

I like to be a little different and fitted rotax 914 to the j400 I was building. Very happy with it. Take off and climb performance better than standard jab. Cruise 115. @ 17lt/hr. Come and have a look at Narromine if you get a chance. Tom

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

new to the forum, but I'm heading to Ausfly from Kyneton on Thursday, back Sunday in a club C172. I am looking for a fellow flyer to share the flying/costs of the trip if anyone is interested please send me a message.

Thanks

Kieran

Mrs & Mrs Flying Vizsla will be there from Thursday - Sunday. We are staying at Gilgandra (don't ask .... he could have gone closer) and driving. We are not going to any of the dinners but you will see us wandering around - just look for the tallest & shortest.

Sue & Alf

Been here Thursday, Fri & Sat and did the AGM (but left early). About 54 + board at the AGM and it was going slow. When we left the 6 year limit on board members had passed, but they were revisiting the figures over lunch, now heard it was defeated (who knows?). As the PIC "only wants to fly" I had to compromise and go with him at lunch time, so I don't know the outcome of the majority of the AGM.

We walked everywhere, looked for the Avocet on display, but he hasn't turned up. All looked well organised, crowds maybe a little smaller than expected, food everywhere of varying cuisines. It still has that friendly Narromine atmosphere we remembered from previous Natflys. Very satisfied. Bumped into a lot of Tasswegians. The Wright Flyer came out for a "fly" up and down the runway at 7am this morning and would have flown at the end of the air display, but it was deemed just a little gusty - it is a fragile machine. The test pilot is a fellow RANS builder.

Airshow was spectacular. We got into the VIP tent (open to SAAA, Warbirds, RAA & AOPA members) close to the action and a bit away from the loud speakers. Good view and uninterupted sounds of engines. Everything, models, Roolettes, Aerobatics, gyro, heli, Moscow airshow, Gummon Avenger with the folding wings, Ag plane doing a water dump. Superb weather for it too. Will be back next year.

Sue

Mrs & Mrs Flying Vizsla will be there from Thursday - Sunday. We are staying at Gilgandra (don't ask .... he could have gone closer) and driving. We are not going to any of the dinners but you will see us wandering around - just look for the tallest & shortest. 

Sue & Alf

OK Sue, I've known of a few relationships where there was/is some confusion as to who should wear the pants but in your post, I'm left wondering who is going to wear the skirt at Ausfly? 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif Hope you all have a good fly-in. cheers

Well, Mr & Mrs Flying Vizsla made it to Maryborough Q in 10 & half hours from Gilgandra today, with only one 5 min stop to refuel. Riley - He definately wears the pants as I just have to do what I'm told. Next year we plan to FLY. Then I can winge about the headwinds. I still have 7 hours travel to do (one of us has to work)

Poor girls on the RAA table - I mentioned we had two planes grounded and the next gentleman wanted to know what was happening with his grounded plane. They couldn't answer any plane qns.

I would have preferred to stay for the whole AGM, but when you are under instruction you have to go with the PIC's flight plan. Strange that the voting numbers bounced around as they did. I thought I saw hands up and proxy numbers up from everyone. There was one motion where the President, seeing that his board was evently split, declined to vote and also abstained all his proxies. There was some discussion that abstaining their votes might be unfair to them, and to the other members as the vote had to be 75% and taking (say 30 - I can't remember) out would give either side a big advantage. The President did say that he rang most of the undirected proxies to guage their feelings on the motions so that he could vote for them with an understanding of their wishes - good on him.

The numbers didn't seem much altered from start to finish - however I know that at least 3 did not return after lunch. There was a lot of to-ing & froing with counting and totalling.

Got a truck load of goodies from ATSB & CASA. Tried to go to some forums, but He wasn't interested and managed to make us late for anything he wasn't keen on. Terrorised the the Rotax & GPS people and walked the flight line several times a day. The model jet had him fooled - it can't be - its moving too fast. Well it was a model and the fixed wing models did some amazing stuff.

We will be back next year (fingers crossed) in my plane.

Sue

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is a bit late but if you would like to see the Ausfly air show here's a video.

Its long so I've broken down times so you can move forward to view a particular aircraft like the beautiful sounding Grumman Avenger.

Cheers

H

2 mins - RAAF Roulettes

5 mins - Paul Bennet

10 mins - Robinson R-22 Helicopter

12 mins - Russian Roulettes

16 mins - Air Tractor water bombing display

19 mins - Formation aerobatics, Pitts Specials

21 mins Wirraway

23 mins - Grumman Avenger

26 mins - Super Decathlon

29 mins Matt Hall