Idiot at the Gathering of Eagles

Was it not just a down wind touch and go with out the skill required to actually touch

Ahh, had he actually attempted to "touch and go" he would have cartwheeled as he traversed the length of the strip with wings vertical. Had you seen it, you wouldn't have even asked the question.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've chased buffalo's in Arnhem land in an F-27 and a very low flight in Bass straight In CASA's F27 looking for a downed plane.Just checked in the log book signed of as a sequence pre PPL Low flying and Low forced landings.

Then about 5 hours at least in the instructor rating training.plus solo practice all along in getting the commercial.

There's a fair bit in the Ag rating that wouldn't be" necessary" for low level, I would think.

Another anomaly is that you could not fly ABOVE 500 Feet when I first flew U/L's

Nev

You didn't used to drive that Womens Weekly bus did you??

Greg

I think deep down we would all like to fool around a bit. but I would be afraid of someone being encouraged to go a bit further or copy it without knowing how. A lack of discipline creeps in easily if you let it and people die. Just landing on a spot brings out some funny techniques or even a gusty day. nev.

• Like 1

It is what it is - illegal low flying and you will be busted for it if someone in authority happens to be present. (see CAR 157).

A little bit of education here. If you have LL endorsement, it's not illegal. Remember exemptions? Since the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 were never intended to regulate this class of aircraft or activities, RAAOs are permitted to operate via exemptions and delegations. The regulator gives me the rules via CAO 95.55. So a little bit of factual information will go a long way. We actually have more freedoms than GA.

Yeah well I did wonder about a AG Pilot who chooses to fly a Savannah but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I must thank you there Teck. Not that I have to prove myself to you, but family was my decision to give it up after 7 years. If you want references, PM me, and I will even send you photos. Until then, show some respect and reserve your judgements, and I will do the same.

Sounds like a good way to end up dead. regardless of legalities, low level training, 1 million hours under powerlines in an ag plane

Well not really when you know what you are doing. I used to cop that talk all the time. I used to say when I am flying low level, I know that tree or pole wont jump out at me. Yet we are quite willing to travel on a highway towards a B double in the dark at a closing speed of 210 km/h, and you cant tell me you are absolutely sure he will not cross on to your side of the road and wipe you and your family out.

I love my legal low level flying. It is a skill set not just in flying, but risk and hazard management. AND IT'S LEGAL!!

• Like 2

We actually have more freedoms than GA.

This is true. However freedoms easily granted are easily taken away if they are abused (not accusing you of doing that at all....but you know "they" are out there). Same people with the "I can do whatever the hell I want" kind of attitude need to have a careful read of their exemptions, but I'll bet they haven't.

• Agree 1

I must thank you there Teck. Not that I have to prove myself to you, but family was my decision to give it up after 7 years. If you want references, PM me, and I will even send you photos. Until then, show some respect and reserve your judgements, and I will do the same.

quote]

No problem that is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt, however I am sick and tired of this thread and can't be bothered with further posts.

Richard.

A little bit of education here. If you have LL endorsement, it's not illegal. Remember exemptions? Since the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 were never intended to regulate this class of aircraft or activities, RAAOs are permitted to operate via exemptions and delegations. The regulator gives me the rules via CAO 95.55. So a little bit of factual information will go a long way. We actually have more freedoms than GA.

Even with the LL endorsement you also need the land owners permission for it to be legal (unless LL flight training in a CASA authorised area)

Cheers

John

Ya right there John. Thanks mate. Forgot to add. It's all in the Ops manual.

Being pedantic, the restriction is actually in CAO 95.55 but right idea 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers

John

The RAAus members portal has details of the CASA enforcement actions taken against recreational pilots (of all disciplines).

It's worth those of you who are RAAus members taking a look at how many involved d*cking about at low level - most of them ended badly (even without CASA's interest)

Cheers

John