My first flying lesson

chrisb

You may well get hooked! Do you know what type of aircraft you will be flying? Once a fortnight is the longest between lessons in my opinion but money is the thing. Hope you get nice weather for it. Report back here afterwards!

I did mine at first separated a bit, and when you do them closer together, for me its way easier to get the muscle memory happening. A few times i did two lessons in one day and it was awesome. Separated by a few hours to let the nerves and brain settle of course. My son who is going CPL does one a week and in school holidays he does more and finds it far easier to do them closer together.... My father is also learning and he finds it better to have a few days between, he is 67.

• Informative 1

A couple a week would be appropriate. It's a pretty flexible thing but there are limits at each end. Prepare yourself for your next lesson, always. If you don't get a briefing prior to flight , you are missing out on an essential element of your instruction. Nev

I did all my training in 12 days, found that introdeuced a lot of adrenalin and fatigue management issues, particuarly early on, a little less intense schedule would maybe have taken more hours to achieve my certicate and endorsements but would have been a little bit more enjoyable too.

If you feel comfortable about how it is going, keep going. Let us know about it if you wish. I can recall at some quite low hours after doing some airwork, dual, looking back at the aerodrome and wondering just how I could get the plane back there. When it is explained to you it all fits eventually. Don't rush it. You are paying money, so get some pleasure out of it too. Nev

12 days, isnt that a bit over kill??Briefing before every flight, check. Anything I should be aware of that isnt obvious?

It ended up a very intensive course but I flew off my own strip, slept in my own bed and the CFI brought his plane, his wife brought their caravan and they stayed until I was up to standard. It would have been better to have had a second trainee and spread it over three or more weeks but I couldn't make that happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Well I've finally booked in and I'll be doing my first lesson this Friday morning.I have been recommended to do at least one lesson a fortnight

Yep moneys the key if you can afford to do it more then great I would however at the moment its 1 a fortnight but I will get there haha.good luck and im sure you will have fun

• 3 weeks later...

I've sent texts and face booked while flying usually on a trip or looking for a free cuppa at some mates places, reading this gave me a thought , I've never face to face called from the plane ,I'll give it a go next time,

Matty