Plane down NW Cunamulla Qld

Brain fade, I was thinking that if the warning light didn't come on, or if the pilot ignored it thinking it was faulty, after a few hours the battery would be flat.Of course the Cherokee has magnetos.

And a mechanical fuel pump?

Pilot was the son of the owners of "Albeni" a cattle grazing property 140km west of Springsure. Mum wrote the book "Pinched or Planted? The Cungelella Cattle Mystery", a good read. They own a C182. The son hired the PA-28 from Victoria for a flight to Charleville. The rest I heard was just speculation, so I'll wait till I hear it from the horses mouth or ATSB.

Sue

Guest Maj Millard
that tree slamed in right next to the fuel tank,,, mmm no fire.

Well that might suggest no fuel on board, but as you know I hit the ground in one that was full of fuel and we even tore off a wing, spilling fuel everywhere....and no fire, so I guess it's just luck of the draw ?............Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

• 4 months later...
I can relate to this! Plenty of great stories from the outback that are not published.Spent a few years up north in the 50's

My mind still boggles that no one ate their own meat, ear tags down the dunny etc, played tennis next week as if long lost friends....

Phil

Up the [edit] DEAD BEAST'S anus with a long stick was another option for pesky brands and earmarks.

It was the squatters' favourite sport to snaffle someone else's beast and eat it when I was there. But God help you if you got caught!

Kaz