I'd like to Borrow (or buy) a road gps for USA

Methusala

My flying mate and I are in the advanced stages of planning a fly/drive trip across the US in April next year. We will be renting cars at various stages and require a gps based nav system. If anyone would have such a thing and could lend, hire or sell it we would be most pleased. Regards, Don

Guest Howard Hughes

Phone option worked well for me, if you have an android phone you can get Navigon USA for $49.95AUD. Works 'stand alone' without phone, internet, or wifi coverage. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Just make sure you update the maps before you leave home, otherwise you'll need a wifi spot to complete!

My flying mate and I are in the advanced stages of planning a fly/drive trip across the US in April next year. We will be renting cars at various stages and require a gps based nav system. If anyone would have such a thing and could lend, hire or sell it we would be most pleased. Regards, Don

Just google "Navfree USA" I used it in Europe last Mont and it worked fantastic, also used it here in Oz a couple of times without any major drama's.

I believe it works on android or Apple alike

If you run an ipad, search for Co-pilot GPS. The first download is free. You can get all of USA for free. Used it during Oshkosh this year and then for 600 k road trip finishing in San Francisco. An excellent product. I purchased and used the Europe maps and they are as good.

Don you did the best thing I think. I had the same issue, but ended up buying the USA maps to install on my Australian Tom Tom. There are two issues with this I found. First the maps cost more than a GPS bought in the USA! Second, the map stops all the Australian maps working, so I have to backup and restore the thing every time I switch between them!