is there a finer flying machine than this?

huggy98

ive just bought prolly the best streak shadow. beautifully fitted 10 hrs fully reconditioned, rebored, jabiru motor. I havnt flown it yet. im a student on circuits flying a jabiru lsa. and im waiting for all the checks, n, s**t. heres a photo of mine. check out my baby and watch the vid and then tell me theres a better flying machine than this. I think im a very lucky man. I cant wait to pass my test and learn to fly her even a quarter as good as this bloke. ps. I know the musics a bit cheesy, but I would swear hes flying to that tune. lolhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLVOdmBxQuU I do apologise to other shadow owners. we all prolly know our are the best.

IMGP0122.JPG.f27bd487840e1992e6b645777545e3ec.JPG

• Like 3

Yeah Huggy! Pretty good flying machine.... Is there a finer one?.... Don`t realy know as I havn`t flown all of them.

When I was instructing, a student of mine choose the Shadow as his first aircraft. It was housed here on our property for a few years so I got to fly it. So easy to fly that with the laid back seating you`ll need to watch you don`t fall asleep. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif...Very docile aircraft if flown properly!..On the down side!.. Not easy to get into the back seat and the visibility is poor from there.

Frank.

Well this young lady certainly had lots of praise for hers when I met her in around 1988 I think it was.Easy one - Can anyone put a name to her, the event and the place?

[ATTACH]27348[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]27349[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]27350[/ATTACH]

Eve Jackson flew her streak shadow from England to Australia in 1987

how's that for a memory jogger

• Like 2

thanks for your comments guys. I know its not perfect. not good on rough strips, a tad cosy accommodation, but just look at her fly. as I said earlier, im a lucky man. as long as I can land on the odd beach, to camp with my dog and blow the cobwebs away between the clouds. ill be a lucky happy man. im sure everyone loves there own plane just as much, and good on ya. were all lucky men. and women of course. and ive not even flown her yet.

• Like 1

Love the enthusiasm huggy!

In general planes do fly ... Some flyers make them look better than others do of course. The Shadow does have kindly low speed characteristics I'm told but probably not a good choice for landing on beaches, soft or rough ground, in general. A tractor engined taildragger would suit that 'mission requirement' a lot better. Even so, the Shadow will be a great machine to build experience with.

When I hosted Eve Jackson after her fabulous semi - circumnavigation I was enthralled with the stories of her adventure, all the more because she took flying lessons just in time to set off on the journey! A less kindly aircraft might have resulted in disaster. As it turned out her worst moments were in the several hours just before she arrived at Archerfield, where the pics were taken, because it was the first time she flew mostly south, with the sun behind, and she was so freezing she could barely move when she landed.

• Like 2

Love the enthusiasm huggy!In general planes do fly ... Some flyers make them look better than others do of course. The Shadow does have kindly low speed characteristics I'm told but probably not a good choice for landing on beaches, soft or rough ground, in general. A tractor engined taildragger would suit that 'mission requirement' a lot better. Even so, the Shadow will be a great machine to build experience with.

When I hosted Eve Jackson after her fabulous semi - circumnavigation I was enthralled with the stories of her adventure, all the more because she took flying lessons just in time to set off on the journey! A less kindly aircraft might have resulted in disaster. As it turned out her worst moments were in the several hours just before she arrived at Archerfield, where the pics were taken, because it was the first time she flew mostly south, with the sun behind, and she was so freezing she could barely move when she landed.

pretty amazin really that a little plane like the "early" shadow could get all the way over ere. with a woman of course.

Love the enthusiasm huggy!In general planes do fly ... Some flyers make them look better than others do of course. The Shadow does have kindly low speed characteristics I'm told but probably not a good choice for landing on beaches, soft or rough ground, in general. A tractor engined taildragger would suit that 'mission requirement' a lot better. Even so, the Shadow will be a great machine to build experience with.

lol. I set sail for Australia with no sailing experience, whatsoever. in the end. after 3 years and sailing 5000miles, I eventually lost my mast 2 days after setting sail single handed across the atlantic. got airlifted out the sea by a sea king helicopter. with my dog.

and! the yanks fitted em with sidewinder missiles. and the indian army made em bullit proof and just for good measure. they fitted a 7.62mm chaingun

Hmm, now you're getting me concerned huggy ... do you know about Vne yet?

I know the guys who fitted your engine and they're undeniably talented and knowledgeable but don't let that get you over - zealous, it's still an ultralight built to the 450kg Euro regulations and heavier than the early versions so needs flying appropriately. Exceeding Vne, and hence structural limits, would be very easy with surplus horsepower and a relatively slippery machine. So be sure to treat your MTOW with great respect and be careful with speed on descents. And put the dog on a diet ;-)

lol. I set sail for Australia with no sailing experience, whatsoever. in the end. after 3 years and sailing 5000miles, I eventually lost my mast 2 days after setting sail single handed across the atlantic. got airlifted out the sea by a sea king helicopter. with my dog.

Oh No! I remember you well, or perhaps it was someone just like you - Wolverstone Marina - the press dubbed you Captain Calamity? Last I saw of you you were goosewinged (aka locked in irons) taking a 5kt tide toward Harwich and the English Channel?

• Like 1