TYABB biplane v fence

Perhaps the next step would have been to cycle the throttle or better yet switch off the mags rather than flying the full length of the runway in ground effect? Laurie

In Teckairs case, a student was in the front seat and he was responsible for their safety. He was the one to make the decission and do what he thought was the correct thing to do at the time. They both walked away safely and ultimately that is the objective.

Perhaps is hindsight. Perhaps a different course of action may have been correct and perhaps not.

Frank.

In Teckairs case, a student was in the front seat and he was responsible for their safety. Frank.

Sorry guys, just realised that sentence could imply that the student was responsible for their safety when in fact I meant Teckair was.

Frank.

Jen (the photographer) counted at least three major bounces, and a pronounced drift from the runway to the grass on the eastern side. The engine noise did not vary at all in pitch or volume - she said it looked like an attempt at a go around, but there was no positive rate of climb. The AC hit the tyres at the end of the runway, which amputated the undercart, and then he went sideways onto the fence as seen above.

There are two advantages of the engine pump. You can have oil available on extended glides and appeal to laziness and ease of fuel management en route (Mixing difficulties) I personally would be happy with premix. Nev

I have an oil injected 582 with about 150 hours and still runnin like a well oiled machine. I had a pre-mix 582 before I bought this one and had no problems as well only plugs looked a tad oily but still good. Oil injection is not rocket science, make sure there is enough oil in your oil tank for the flight ( I always fill mine to the near top before each flight regardless ) and just make sure the tank outletis higher than the pump inlet. In regards to the in line filter I haven't changed mine out yet and I know of a oil injected drifter with about 580 hours and believe has never changed his filter.

Go premix..............Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

At least you know it's in there I have seen a oil injection system not supply oil and ruin a almost brand new 175 hp evinrude hence my 582s were always pre mixed