[Oct 17, 2014] Festival of Flight (Tamworth, NSW)

FlyingVizsla

Tamworth’s 2nd (YES Second)

FESTIVAL of FLIGHT

is planned for 17th,18th, and 19th OCTOBER 2014 (Reserve the Date!!)

Enquiries: 02 6760 7221 (after 4pm) or email [email protected]

The second Tamworth Festival of Flight is touching down at the Tamworth Airport on October 18th and 19th with an even more spectacular air show of planes from cutting edge to the classic, aerobics, skydiving, joy flights and career advice. Presented by the Tamworth Aero club and the Rotary Club of Tamworth this will be a fun packed weekend not to be missed. If you enjoyed the air show in 2013, reserve the date and bring the kids again in 2014. Prices are most reasonable with daily ticket prices of $20 per adult, $10 per child and family ticket of $45 and these prices will include free bus travel to and from the airport using Hannaford’s Coaches. All funds raised will be used to support the local community. So strap yourself in, reserve the dates and come for a weekend of excitement and enjoyment. And there will also be a special careers day as part of the Festival on Friday 17th October. Speak to your Careers Adviser at your school for more details.

More details http://tamworthfestivalofflight.com.au/

Interesting Sue, but what provision do they make for mere RAA pilots to fly in? Landing fees, controlled airspace at a security-controlled airport doesn't make it attractive.

I have included the website address in post #1. The airshow is 11am - 2pm each day, so the airstrip will be closed to arrivals & departures. The "Getting There" advice only says "Fly in – If you intend to fly in to the Festival of Flight, parking for your aircraft will be available."

• Informative 1

i remember the good old days about 15 years ago a friend and myself flew a thruster tst and single seat thruster into tamworth airport,with permission for an airshow,both had single ignition 503 rotax's

Lol OK you met dead stick at lake keepit last weekend 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif you haven't forgotten already have you?

On a side note I won't be able to get there as that is the day my little brother inlaw is getting married:thumb down:014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

• Like 1

You could fly in before the tower opens!...maybe? If you have a PPL and a Transponder on board you should right!

Like Chad said it was a great event last year even watered down a bit too as the fire fighting aircraft couldnt make it due to fighting fires.

Scotty

i remember the good old days about 15 years ago a friend and myself flew a thruster tst and single seat thruster into tamworth airport,with permission for an airshow,both had single ignition 503 rotax's

I was there.

All right clever person. So I'm crap with names! Especially when the alias is not mentioned.

You always said you could see through one of my ears and out the other..... I always thought that meant you could read my mind 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Dad used to tell me that he would tell me something and it would go in one ear and out the other and I thought he meant I was a quick thinker:happy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lyle, living in Tamworth now mate! Lol

Welcome to the good country! If SDQDI is correct (it hasn't happened yet) about me meeting you at Keepit last weekend, then my apologies. We need nametags with our Avatar. What did you fly up in?

SDQDI: Well, I thought my name was forchristsake till I was 16!!! ie Forchristsake what now and forchristsake come here!

OLD K: I was the LAME you were talking to.

You always said you could see through one of my ears and out the other..... I always thought that meant you could read my mind 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifDad used to tell me that he would tell me something and it would go in one ear and out the other and I thought he meant I was a quick thinker:happy:

• Haha 1