RAAus Aircraft Register

ave8rr

It wont be long before airport operators have cameras that record every movement ,like police cars have rego reading . That will sort out false radio transmitions and will be enough to prove , or not , that you were there .

Mike

Also provide evidence to have users of false callsigns charged with offences as well as landing fees.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfortunate that a small number of people who do the wrong thing ends up punishing a lot of people who do the right thing but other than having big net cannons on the sides of the runways to catch the offending pilots (which is probably illegal) I cannot think of another way that is fair to all who do pay to use the airfield.

I reckon the numbers who dont' do the right thing are greater at our airfield. It is not private but it is not staffed either & a large number just turn up park & do whatever & leave. I'd say close to 100% of touch & goes never think of making any payment. There are some though who will come & ask where they can pay landing fees & this is greatly appreciated. Most if approached will pay but unless asked well.....