Prof Avius..Really??..This is the best we can do??

Hopefully. Been putting a lot of effort into the hangar of late, nearly finished that, then there's the re-covering of one undercart leg which is looking very tatty, and that means cutting the bungee to get the leg off and then replacing it. If we can get all that done, then will probably get to Echuca. We also have another planned excursion for around the same time- it will depend upon how much leave we have available. The Navigator has ceased work, so we don't have to worry about synchronizing leave any more 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif.

Cheers

Coop

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Prof Avius is, but I suspect that he id draining the botom of the barrel to provide something each month. From his last episode it appears the barrel is completely empty. He needs to stand aside or otherwise identify himself. Standing aside would be the better option and we would never know who to abuse.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just happened to come across a copy of the mag so read the whole article.

As he is a Professor and stated: "Explain the movement of the centre of pressure ...." (same statement in the referenced CASA Flight Instructor Manual). I'd like to hear that explanation and see the the source of the data.

Whenever I get to hear such an explanation by a trainee instructor I often produce some data to discuss. Which aerofoil? Leading edge or trailing edge stall? Two dimensional or a real wing? Tapered, swept, washout? What's the stall pattern?

CASA adds the important statement: "Ensure that the student is aware of ... stall behavior of aeroplane at the stall ..." Its good for the instructor to explain the reasons for such behaviour.

The article goes on to state: "Further flight exercises ... in a take-off or landing configuration ... that the control column is always beyond the stick stall position."

Nope. lancairfig1.gif.c7d5ea5a0ad49466355630a252a50de9.gif

Is our local Professor still around?