The kindness of aviation folk-

flyerme

Hi fellow enthusiasts , thought I'd share a little experience with generosity .

Back in 2005 I was stuck between a rock and , well you know how it goes

I was in desperate need of guidance requiring help in repairing my first ultralight.

I put the call out for help in a mag asking for some one to help me or point me in the right direction , however I could not offer any financial reward , infact I was unemployed at the time spending 9 weeks in a plaster cast.. The repairs were minor however I couldn't afford to take it any where.

Any way the ad went out and I didn't here from anyone until 6 weeks later.

I received a letter from a gentleman whom was once in a similar situation and enclosed was a cheque for $500. I sent him a reply with my deepest gratitude however vowed to one day meet him and personally thank him .But as time past and life got in the way , couple of house moves later I had all but forgotten that kind hearted gentlemen's name.

Today I was editing the credits to my book and clear as day I pictured his name printed on that envelope ... So if anyone knows " Eric Wenner. ACT." Please let me know . I would love to tell him the end result of his kindness 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 9
  • Winner 1

Hi fellow enthusiasts , thought I'd share a little experience with generosity .Back in 2005 I was stuck between a rock and , well you know how it goes

I was in desperate need of guidance requiring help in repairing my first ultralight.

I put the call out for help in a mag asking for some one to help me or point me in the right direction , however I could not offer any financial reward , infact I was unemployed at the time spending 9 weeks in a plaster cast.. The repairs were minor however I couldn't afford to take it any where.

Any way the ad went out and I didn't here from anyone until 6 weeks later.

I received a letter from a gentleman whom was once in a similar situation and enclosed was a cheque for $500. I sent him a reply with my deepest gratitude however vowed to one day meet him and personally thank him .But as time past and life got in the way , couple of house moves later I had all but forgotten that kind hearted gentlemen's name.

Today I was editing the credits to my book and clear as day I pictured his name printed on that envelope ... So if anyone knows " Eric Wenner. ACT." Please let me know . I would love to tell him the end result of his kindness 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Great story and well told.

When is your book coming out?

• Like 1

When you get the chance mate"Pay it Forward", your generous mate sounds like the kind of guy that would appreciate that.

Great idea Patrick, and it's great to see the better side of human nature on this forum.

I once needed hangar space for my plane for a weekend at Warwick. Without a second thought, some nice people lent me theirs.

• Like 1