Melbourne to London in an amphibious SeaRey (Trip of a Lifetime)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way...fly it home...great news...how exciting for him, I hope you have stocked up on warm gear to go to Iceland and Greenland..

David

• 3 weeks later...
He is going to fly London to New York now

That is pretty ambitious, especially flying west as that tends to take longer than flying east.

I am glad he has safely landed in Iceland. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Just so many of the photo's are amazing in the blog.

This has to be one of my favorites, and gives one a feeling of almost total isolation http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/southernsun/1/1437071312/tpod.html#pbrowser/southernsun/1/1437071312/filename=an-hour-into-the-flight.jpg

I'll want a copy of the book for sure.

Just so many of the photo's are amazing in the blog.This has to be one of my favorites, and gives one a feeling of almost total isolation http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/southernsun/1/1437071312/tpod.html#pbrowser/southernsun/1/1437071312/filename=an-hour-into-the-flight.jpg

I'll want a copy of the book for sure.

I agree: I think this journey's story and picture would make an excellent coffee table book. I hope it happens!

I like this picture too http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/southernsun/1/1437071312/tpod.html#pbrowser/southernsun/1/1436979859/filename=img_7702.jpg

Michael decided against going to Oshkosh due to an earlier commitment in Florida.

From his blog "thinking, where to put an extra fuel tank". Does that mean, going all the way around?

Nice photos, sharp comments / observations in his blog.

If I were him, I would go Alaska, Adak, Midway, Hawaii, Banana/Kiribati down through the islands to New Caledonia, Norfolk, Australia, though I think he has the range to skip Norfolk Island and go straight from Noumea to Aussie.

Midway used to be a restricted military area, it's now been handed over to the Park rangers, whatever the call the US equivalent of Dept of Conservation here in NZ. It's a birds breeding reserve now, but Parks and Rec maintain the runway still.

• 2 weeks later...

I love following his trip, so interesting, he is a lucky man to be able to do this...I reckon he will keep it going all the way back to Australia and why not I say...

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...