HI New Here

Planning on a Jabiru Engine

I thought the RV12's advantage was in being a certified LSA, does that not mean you have to use the certified Rotax engine?

I am building EAB it is still a light sport Aircraft

In my View that is a advantage building the plane I want

I thought the RV12's advantage was in being a certified LSA, does that not mean you have to use the certified Rotax engine?

Planning on a Jabiru Engine

You might like to search the forum for and Google "Camit" engines, they are improved and optimised Jabiru engines and highly thought of around here.

Can someone tell me what is the relationship between Jabiru and Camit is

Thanks all for the welcome

Joe D

You might like to search the forum for and Google "Camit" engines, they are improved and optimised Jabiru engines and highly thought of around here.

Can someone tell me what is the relationship between Jabiru and Camit isThanks all for the welcome

Joe D

Camit are the engineering works that manufacturer the engine for Jabiru. Camit builds the certified engines for Jabiru to the certified spec and Camit also sell their own non-certified version with some modifications they believe resolve some on-going Jabiru problems (as they see it). Jabiru can't make the same changes without going through the whole re-certifying process unfortunately - seems the system is a little bit broken.

Why don't you just add a link to the CaMit website?

I would like to explain it but it's very painful and brings up memories from my past when I as an Altar Boy at the Church, oh no, now I remember, you bastard.

Thanks

Sounds a bit confusing

Chicken or egg

Bill Gates and IBM

I guess I will be talking to CaMit

Thanks

Joe D

Camit are the engineering works that manufacturer the engine for Jabiru. Camit builds the certified engines for Jabiru to the certified spec and Camit also sell their own non-certified version with some modifications they believe resolve some on-going Jabiru problems (as they see it). Jabiru can't make the same changes without going through the whole re-certifying process unfortunately - seems the system is a little bit broken.

Welcome Joe, all the best with your build! Few years now since I've visited Florida, really enjoyed it there.

Like avionics these engines are improving over time so it might be a good idea not to purchase until you are about ready to install.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Less Money

Really? I guess if you haven't got the cash up front then that's the bottom line, but the resale value of your RV12 will be far lower than the difference between the Jab engine and the Rotax.

Few years now since I've visited Florida, really enjoyed it there.

Did you get a picture with Mickey and Goofy?

Like avionics these engines are improving over time so it might be a good idea not to purchase until you are about ready to install.

Good point, Jabiru is currently working on their 5th iteration so you might want to enquire about that one.

I guessing that you didn't look at my site like you are guessing that I don't have any money

Saving money is not the reason that I will not use a Rotax

I guessing again that you agree with all the other reasons I listed

I would put a Continental O200-D if I could get the W&B in range.

Some people love Rotax Engines I am not one of them.

As some like Fords and some like Chevy.

Is it customary on this site to jump on somebody that has a different option.

We all love our Aircraft and there is so many types , should we all be flying the same Aircraft

If you like Rotax I will respect your opinion please respect my opinion.

Really? I guess if you haven't got the cash up front then that's the bottom line, but the resale value of your RV12 will be far lower than the difference between the Jab engine and the Rotax.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Hey Joe, don't worry about Bex he just has a bit of a mid-life attitude problem at times & gets hot flushes when Jabiru is mentioned.

Did you get a picture with Mickey and Goofy?

No, I have some good friends just north of Orlando. I've never been to Disney world (or dismal world as my friends there call it) so you and FT will have have to photoshop the three of us togther.

• Winner 1

jabiru 3300 81 kg installed , rotax 64 kg installedhow does this affect the weight and balance

He said he would put a continental O-200 in if he could get the w&b right. Not that he would put a Rotax in.

Is it customary on this site to jump on somebody that has a different option.

You mean the

way I pointed you

towards Camit and

helped you understand

the differences

between them

and Jabiru as well

as informing you of

Jabiru's upcoming

new models?

You are the one,

not me, who stated

"less money" as a factor

so one might presume

you are trying to save money.

Based on your, not my,

comment, I stated a fact;

The value of your RV12

with a Jabiru engine

will be lower.

I was pointing out, trying to be helpful, that the money saving in the long run would be false economics - I am merely a messenger.

Hey Joe, don't worry about Bex he just has a bit of a mid-life attitude problem at times & gets hot flushes when Jabiru is mentioned.

You mean the way I pointed him towards Camit and helped him understand the differences between them and Jabiru as well as informing him of Jabiru's upcoming new models?

We obviously have some distance in our beliefs of what helpful is.

No, I have some good friends just north of Orlando. I've never been to Disney world (or dismal world as my friends there call it) so you and FT will have have to photoshop the three of us togther.

Ok, ....

1968213767_gnuandfriends.jpg.3fc123e5b8238d0c96fce59a63c6a732.jpg

• Haha 1

Ok

Thanks for the Camit information.

In my view the Rotax engine is over priced

I would rather put the money in the panel.

The Jabiru may not be the best choice.

The light sport weight of 1320 lbs makes this difficult and unsafe.

Continental spent a lot of money to cut 20lbs off the 0200.

Cutting weight out of the Aircraft is also not a good idea.

If the light sport weight was about 1450 lbs we could put a safe engine in out aircraft, not a Jabiru or a chain saw engine.

There's a difference in saving money and wasting money.

I may have over reacted to the money comment.

Also your resale comment may or may not be true.

The fact is I will have a lot more money in my 12 then the standard RV12

However I will have the aircraft I want.

Sorry for my reaction to your comments.

Joe D

You mean theway I pointed you towards Camit and helped you understand the differences between them and Jabiru as well

as informing you of Jabiru's upcoming new models? You are the one, not me, who stated "less money" as a factor

so one might presume you are trying to save money.

Based on your, not my, comment, I stated a fact;

The value of your RV12 with a Jabiru engine will be lower.

I was pointing out, trying to be helpful, that the money saving in the long run would be false economics - I am merely a messenger.

You mean the way I pointed him towards Camit and helped him understand the differences between them and Jabiru as well as informing him of Jabiru's upcoming new models?

We obviously have some distance in our beliefs of what helpful is.

Ok, ....

[ATTACH=full]35560[/ATTACH]

• Like 2