adding a new aircraft

hi

i am away with work and will be close by a flying school and i was thinking that while i am in the area and will have lot of free time that i should convert to a new aircraft.

two questions

can i do this at a different airport under the instruction of the cfi?

i have 40 hours on the jab do you think its a good move at this stage with to move to the sports star?

keith

• Like 1

Go for it. Broaden your experience, it can only help your appreciation of the differing flight characteristics of different types. One minor problem is documentation if you don't happen to have your logbook with you.

Definitely! You've got your cert, as they say a licence to learn - so what better way? Let us know what you think, you'll probably find it very easy and docile after the jab.

At 40 hours you will cope OK with changes. At 10 it might not immediately help you, but eventually all experience counts and the more varied, the better your knowledge base. Nev

The more different types you fly, the better it gets. You will probably find that the Sportstar will be easier than the Jab. by the time I had 40 hours, I had flown both low wing and high wing and found it no trouble. Even changing from left to right hand throttle is no problem.

• Like 1

I trained in 3 different aircraft all with in the first 4 hours of training, Piper Tomahawk for 2 hours, Huges Lightwing for 1 hour and then onto the XP 503 Drifter. Flyng different aircraft makes a better pilot I reckon.

Go for it.

• Agree 2

Having owned Jabs and a Sportstar you will find the Sportstar very responsive, easy to fly, short take off and landing and a joy to fly. The drawback for Sportstars is they are hot while taxiing or stationary and limited baggage space, the Jab is a good touring aircraft and has plenty of space.

• Like 1

Dazza. Wow, you couldn't get a much more varied start. You only missed our on the Viscount.

Yup and I actually finished my certificate in a LSA 55 Jab. Lol. 4 different types .

There is a reason behind it. I joined the RAAF half way through training and went to Wagga. I had big break before finishing my training in the Jab.