Airstrip at Hall, NSW

Can anyone tell me if this airstrip is still operational, is it private and can anyone land there or is permission needed. If permission needed, can I have a contact number please?

• Haha 1

The street address is 8 church lane Wallaroo ACT. Someone is definitely using it. Google maps today showed 3 aircraft next to the grass strip.

If you are that keen I'd say drive there with a nice bottle of something to drink and introduce yourself

• Like 1

The satellite photo on Ozrunways has the aircraft between the 2 buildings ? and 1 doing a turn round on the eastern end of the runway. Don't know how recent that is. Steve

Maybe a phone number for me to ring them? or an email address, maybe someone from the Canberra flying club, migrating seagulls, mice, anyone???

There is a snail mail address in post #4. No occupant name though.

If you send me a couple bottles of something nice as suggested by mnewberry, I could go and knock on their door and ask.....026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif There is a risk though, that if they do have a space for one more aircraft on the field it could go to the bloke at the door.....087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

• Winner 1

I think, from memory - I don't have any charts handy- that the strip is tucked under that part of the Canberra's class airspace that has a lower limit of 3500 ft or around 1500 ft AGL. Obviously not impossible to access Robin, but it would require meticulous situational awareness not to attract the ire of ATC. It's also a fair step from the end of the strip to the village of Hall if you're just dropping in for a cup of coffee or a jerry can of fuel. I'm happy to see if I can find out more details for you if you want but it could take some time.

• Like 1

Thanks Gandalph, I was just going to drop in to say I had done it and put it on the list of ala's I could land at in the area around Goulburn. (thermos of coffee, sunny day, zzzzz for half an hour against the undercarriage under the wing and then depart, you know, recreationing to the max..lol.) the step doesn't worry me nor the grass strip but I might put it in the to hard basket if it is going to put people out. Thanks for the offer anyway, much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

The contact for Hall Airstrip is Jason Krizaic 0418 626 384. Prior permission is required to land. It is an all-weather, sealed airstrip 850m. Accommodation is available at Glenwood Homestead about 1km away. Glenwood sleeps up to 12 people and offers private rooms for short and long term stays (see airbnb listing). A lift from the airstrip to the homestead can be arranged. A hire car is also available for fly-ins. 

• Like 3
  • Informative 2