Denali ANR Headset

One thing could be is that they don't force you into selling them for a price that they dictate. Like Bose for example, they will not supply you unless you sell them for the price they tell you to...it's the same as Apple devices

Old K used to have a set of Denali ANR shags. I think he was happy with them. (He is crook at the minute but I guess he will be back on here sometime or another!)

He was trying to sell them for a very reduced price, but I think he got rid of them. He has a quiter cab now and is back to PNR.

I run the lightspeed Zulu and I do enjoy them, but talking to ALL the spray/ag operators around here they all swear by the Bose, they say the Zulus don't last like the Bose.

I think it depends how often you will fly, if only flying irregularly I think any ANR would be better than none.

VFR pilot if you have a hearing issue I would definately be visiting some airfields to try and score a test before spending a lot of dough.

• Agree 1

Somewhat off topic and hijacking the thread, Can you get microphone only sets? Being deaf and using a hearing aid I'm far better off hooking on a shoe connection direct to my hearing aid and setting the aid to input aux only. Which still leaves a noise cancelling microphone being needed.

Not sure, but I bought a set of PFX and not happy with them..

I can't decide between the bose A20 and the Lightspeed PFX. Unless you know people that have them, you can't try the out.I have a hearing problem so I want a top quality set.

I just bought a set of PFX, and I am thinking I might sell them. Make me an serious offer and they are yours.

BUT, let me say this, when I first started flying, I researched headsets and ended up with buying a set of telex stratus 50d's. The Stratus 50d annoy me because the ear cups dont last, but they are by far the best headset I have used. I have flown with bose, DC, telex and lightspeed now, and I will put the telex at the top of the list if it was not for the earcups.

Anyway, I hate the PFX, and I only continue to use them because I wasted so much money on them. I think my last flight sold me, time to go back to the telex.

• Informative 1

I also had a set of Bose and the Telex digital 50D. In comparing the two I hated the Bose. I wear glasses and I found the bose hurting my ears on long flights because of the glasses i wore, they also a gave honking sound at times when the seal to my head broke because of my glasses, really annoying when flying. But, they were light and small

I sold the bose and purchased the more expensive Telex...WOW, what a sound. I liken them to be able to listen to a full symphony in perfect silence from any outside noise. But, they are a very big headset than the bose and a bit heavier.

I have tried the Denali's on and found them very light and extremely comfortable. But, i only used them to hear my own voice with a headset tester and whilst that was brilliant, i can't say what they sound like in the air with radio transmissions