Ultralight plane crashes in Halls Head, south of Perth

Very sad irrespective of the circumstances, whether by accident or intent. We should not rush to judgement though- we were not there nor do we actually have a full account of the details.

My thoughts to the family, especially the wife who was distraught.

IF it is by intent, a good reminder that we can all suffer from our personal "Black Dog" or other insufferable medical or personal circumstances.

It is important though that we do not judge him, as we do not know his personal circumstances.

If anyone feels they are at risk for any reason- please seek help. Whether it be a family member, a friend, a medical professional or Life Line. Some may find it far easier to talk to some one who they do not know- this is completely natural.

May everyone fly safely and look after yourself.

Phil

AKA Litespeed

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Winner 1

Who knows?. I know a particular LAME who is just spastic about safety near turning props. He realises how dangerous it is..

An engineer at Essendon walked through the arc of an idling large piston and collapsed when he realised what he had done. I've worked on running engines, and suggest you (if you must do it) take extreme care and use a strap or such to restrain yourself from being able to fall or lurch into the prop arc. Nev

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Try and ask at least 1 person a day RUOK. If we all do that it means that everybody has someone watching there back and they know there are people who care.

Probably not the right thread for it but as someone who has lost close family and several friends to the Black Dog we should talk about it. We should talk about it loud and often. I believe that the media should as well. Pretending it does not happen helps no-one.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 1