Warrnambool to Redcliffe

DGL Fox

Well finally the time has come...Mahl my CFI from Fly Now Redcliffe and I are going to pick up my first aircraft from Warrnambool, a 2006 Sportstar Plus, the aircraft has been reregistered from VH to RAAus, she is sitting in a hangar, she is fueled up, everything checked by Harv from Nelson Aeroplane Company, thanks Harv, the flight is booked with Jetstar for our flight to Melbourne Tullamarine tomorrow morning at 6.00am.

Our flight will be Warrnambool-Narromine-Redcliffe we will overnight at Naromine and then onto Redcliffe with a few short comfort stops in between. Hopefully I will post a few photos on the way and the rest when we get back..Here is a photo of my new girl...

941226214_24-4910regophoto.JPG.db4179f70e502d613ddba316ae004380.JPG

• Like 12

Well finally the time has come...Mahl my CFI from Fly Now Redcliffe and I are going to pick up my first aircraft from Warrnambool, a 2006 Sportstar Plus, the aircraft has been reregistered from VH to RAAus, she is sitting in a hangar, she is fueled up, everything checked by Harv from Nelson Aeroplane Company, thanks Harv, the flight is booked with Jetstar for our flight to Melbourne Tullamarine tomorrow morning at 6.00am.Our flight will be Warrnambool-Narromine-Redcliffe we will overnight at Naromine and then onto Redcliffe with a few short comfort stops in between. Hopefully I will post a few photos on the way and the rest when we get back..Here is a photo of my new girl...

[ATTACH]39277[/ATTACH]

Looks nice enjoy a good flight up to Redcliffe.

Cheers

Mike

We couldn't get away from Warrnambool today, the weather was just not good enough, so it will be an early morning start and a long trip home in 1 day now....as you would guess the weather this afternoon has now cleared up but to late to leave...

David

I was wondering David if you got away

Here in Gippsland been overcast all day with reasonably low cloud base and now light rain falling for a few hrs

Good luck for tomorrow once north of the ranges you will be fine

Safe trip home in your new bird

Hi guys,

Yes Geoff we are all home safe and sound, it was a long day, we did over 800 miles and it took about 11hrs including 2 stops, one at Griffith and one at Moree, we started out having some nice tail winds bit as it normally happens they changed around to a head wind so that slowed us a bit but all in all it was a very nice trip and I thank Mahl for helping me out to bring my plane back here to Redcliffe.

I will download a few photos later.

David

• Like 3

Hi David,

We regularly do that trip from Watts Bridge to W'bool and back. You would have enjoyed that trip with it being in your new toy.

Was that Sportstar bought from the school or was it a private one owned by a farmer who used to hangar his in Frank Harrington's hangar near the school? That one was GA registered the last time I saw it.

Enjoy that beautiful bird!

Bob

Yes thanks Bob,

I was a long trip for one day, I would have preferred to do the trip in 2 as we had planed but the weather gods were not with us on Tuesday so we had to make the trip in 1 day.

The plane came for the Air Warrnambool flying school and he was the original owner, the plane was registered RAAus when first built here in Redcliffe actually but he eventually changed it to VH, I have now changed it back to it's original rego number, so I guess you could say it has come home...001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I look forward to getting to know her better, now I can get my training finished although I think I had a first hand look at X country flying.!!!!

David

Hi DGL what great trip and congratulations on your new purchase.

From now on I guess more days will be required for any long distance trips.

I guess it serves as a reminder to us all that we need to leave plenty of time to complete a trip so,we,don't focus on having to arrive in a set time. The weather is not always our friend.

Enjoy your flying

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

How are you going in your flight training David? Are you training in your plane now or still training in the Tecnam?

I just went solo last week, hopefully certificate in January, then PAX and X-Country endorsements May to June. Then probably look for a plane to purchase as well. But until then I'll be happy to hire.

Yes well now I have my own plane my training will be a lot faster and cheaper too, I only need to time now to do it, work gets in my way so I hope that during Xmas I will have heaps of time in the plane.. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif You can come over an fly my plane anytime...

David