NEW FLIP FLOPS CAUSE FLITZER FLIP FLOP. . .

Phil Perry

A pilot has severely damaged his homebuilt aircraft and blamed the accident on a new pair of shoes.

The pilot was unhurt following the crash at White Waltham airfield near Maidenhead, Berkshire, in the late summer of 2015.

The pilot, Patrick Dale, 52, said that he had bought the shoes believing that they would assist with more effective wheel braking on his Stummel Flitzer Biplane.

He blamed “Excessive Brake Application” after landing. . . caused by the new shoes, but later added that he had “not got a lot of experience * in landing the single seat aircraft after only recently finishing the building of it. The aircraft flipped forward onto it's back and was badly damaged.

He said that “Inexperience” may have been a contributory cause. . . .

Poor fellow. . .

But come on, Phil. you're not so long in the mother country that you've forgotten that 'flip flops', rather than describing this guy's landing technique, are referred to over here as 'thongs'.

Whereas in UK, an Aussie wanting new footwear would look askance at what he got if he asked for some thongs 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Bruce

Poor fellow. . .But come on, Phil. you're not so long in the mother country that you've forgotten that 'flip flops', rather than describing this guy's landing technique, are referred to over here as 'thongs'.

Whereas in UK, an Aussie wanting new footwear would look askance at what he got if he asked for some thongs 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Bruce

My oppo and I are just havin a larf at your expense Bruce . . .No seriously,. . . .when I posted that earlier today, I stuck a post it note on the office wall and said to Steve,. . .watch some Aussie tell me that they're called THONGS in OZ . . . .thank you SIr, . . .I just won a bet, ( but the barstard won't pay - he never does. . .! ) .Oh Glee. . . . .

For the information of any Aussie vacationing in the UK, should the weather be sufficiently warm for you to visit a beach without wearing your heavily insulated polar gear,. . . ( Unlikely ) if you see a nice young lass wearing a piece of string instead of a bikini bottom bit, we call that a. . . ."Thong" . . .unleth the perthon hath a thpeech impediment, then we all thing a thong together. . . .

Thee ya. . . .