Hello from Sweden

Erikflygare

Became a member a couple of years ago when searching a POH for a ICP Bingo (that I didn't buy).

Has not been logged in since then. But now I rediscovered this superb forum.

Now I am the lucky owner of a Jabiru UL 450 since spring 2015.

• Like 2

Hiya Erik. . . . .my youngest Daughter is going to Sweden on Christmas Eve for a few days to stay with her Partner's family in Harljunga. . . .North of Gothenburg.

Her partner is a Swedish Australian, . . .ie, he was born in Sweden, but grew up in Australia, so has a very pronunced Aussie accent. . .and he says, although he speaks a little bit of his native language, his pronunciation of Swedish is going to be BAAAAD. . . . he learned ot from the internet, as he left there at the age of 2 Yrs. . .and his family moved to Australia. . . . .

Apparently the town they are going to is famous for the manufacture of "Chains" and it has the largest maker of Cider in Sweden. . . . .that means that my Daughter Lea will really enjoy herself, as she finds Sweden a little "quiet" and. . ."Unchallenging" . . .so the Cider part will possibly be an asset. . .I've no doubt she will want t go and have a look at where they make the stuff. . . . .AND being her Father's Daughter,. . .will, no doubt want to try it out. . . . .

Anyway mate,. . .welcome to the forum and please keep us informed about what you are flying and upload some videos of flying in Sweden if you can. . . . .

Cheers. . . .

Phil

Hi Phil,

It's a small world... Herrljunga is just ten minutes away from were my plane is hangared.

They have a small grass strip there, probably closed now. It's been raining for month.

The Herrljunga cider is great, You can even bring your own apples there and they "cider it"for you.

If your daughter finds Herrljunga a bit boring she must visit "little London".

Thank you for your welcomening letter.

Erik

Hi Nev,

We also have temperature problems but the other way around. I have read a lot of threads about issues with Jabiru engines, often due to cooling problems. I have to tape all cowling inlets to keep the temperature normal.

At this time of year we just have a couple of ours with daylight and VMC maybe a third of that time. So not much flying this time of year.

Erik

• Like 1

Hi Phil,It's a small world... Herrljunga is just ten minutes away from were my plane is hangared.

They have a small grass strip there, probably closed now. It's been raining for month.

The Herrljunga cider is great, You can even bring your own apples there and they "cider it"for you.

If your daughter finds Herrljunga a bit boring she must visit "little London".

Thank you for your welcomening letter.

Erik

Hi again Erik,. . . they were only in Sweden for four days, and most things were closed for the Christmas Break,. . . couple of Photos here. . .

Cider.jpg.7ed2a46824fe76cb1da52321e3307acb.jpg

The Cider place - closed unfortunately . . .

340395677_LittleDaughter.jpg.6c28db8a2e9f9e2aab9bfc209ac47be1.jpg

No 2 Daughter and town map. . . Looks like quite a small town. . . .

295272858_WindowView.jpg.c5de2e0eeed53687a2c68839a0f64fbe.jpg

It began to snow during their last few hours, it looks like a typical Christmas Card view doesn't it ? ? Beautiful. . .

They really enjoyed it anyway. . . . .

• Winner 1

Thank you all,

Phil,

Glad your daughter enjoyed her stay, next time if she wants more action I think Herrljunga in december isn't the place to be...

Sweden is pretty simular to other west european contries but we have more space. Half the FIR is mountain are, like Oz?

Offcourse I know Klaus☺.

• Haha 1