Test Flight...

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would make a quick post to let everyone know I am doing up for my flight test tomorrow. Excited and nervous as all hell any tips would be greatly appreciated. My instructor is confident and I am also confident but still any test situation gets me nervous. Wish me luck and I will talk about my experience after the test tomorrow and pass on any thoughts.

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 3

RAAUS Certificate mate. PPL and RPL Are next years goals after I build my hours throughout this year. And thanks Akromaster.

Forgot to say good luck, but I don't really need to say it because you won't need it 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Good luck Dan

As for advice, try not to get too hyped up and don't get to bed too late tonight. Maybe do a bit of exercise this evening so you sleep well. But most importantly, tomorrow just fly the plane! When we overthink things we can overload our brains and miss the basics, for example once when I was given an unexpected partial engine failure I straight away set up for best glide and flew it perfectly all the way to the ground (at the airport of course!) but once on the ground my instructor asked me why I hadn't done more troubleshooting and why I didn't do what I had been taught and turned the fuel pump on! We had started at above 2000agl so I had plenty of time but I was overthinking it and totally missed the basics, still had a safe outcome but could have done a lot better.

I know it is nearly impossible but try and think of it as a normal lesson and keep yourself relaxed and just fly the plane.

• Like 1

Congratulations Dan! I've only got a few more lessons until my test, so my instructor has indicated. I'm also going for my RAA RPC. Any advice?

Hey Nightmare,

Only real thing is like one of the other guys said try and treat it just like another lesson. Hopefully your instructor is a nice guy like mine and put me at ease prior to the flight. He told me not to be nervous and relax its just another flight. And just remember to fly the plane. And don't be afraid to ask any questions of the CFI. From my experience they are there to help you get your licence they don't want you to fail. And also know your airspace really well in regards to where you can and can't go. Know exactly where your restricted areas are and danger areas and know your landmarks and how to get around using landmarks. And be confident on the radio also it shows the CFI that you are on top of your procedures. That's about all I can say and good luck I'm sure you will be fine. Remember your instructor isn't going to send you for you're test if your not ready as it would look bad on him also. My instructor prides himself on getting students through at a high standard so that gave me a lot of confidence.

And yes onto my Nav soon unfortunately back to work Monday so I won't have the freedom to fly as often but weekend I will be up there as often as possible.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hi everyone,Just thought I would make a quick post to let everyone know I am doing up for my flight test tomorrow. Excited and nervous as all hell any tips would be greatly appreciated. My instructor is confident and I am also confident but still any test situation gets me nervous. Wish me luck and I will talk about my experience after the test tomorrow and pass on any thoughts.

Cheers,

Dan

I will be in your position in a few months. I hope I nail it as well. Good one.

I will be in your position in a few months. I hope I nail it as well. Good one.

Welcome RDavies, I've been at it since April 2015, and as I said a few posts back, I'm nearly finished. I've completed all my exams. Just crosswind landings and building my solo hours now. I should have it within the next few weeks, so my instructor is predicting. If you need any help getting through your training, I am happy to say, this forum is very helpful. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif Very friendly bunch of people/pilots here.
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
I remember way back my instructor never told me I was going for a test so I never expected him to tell me I passed 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif Shock!!Then I was broke after buying the beer that night 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

My instructor/CFI did much the same with me, we went out on a normal lesson, Emergencies outside the circuit, and wing drop recoveries. When we got back, he was filling out the debrief paperwork, and he started filling out a page titled something like: "Flight Test for the issue of Recreational Pilot Certificate". He reached over shook my hand, and said, "Congratulations Captain, you are now a pilot" I was expecting one or two more lessons to be honest. That was last week, my head is still spinning from it!
  • Like 4