A Big Thankyou to Warwick’s Airports Groundkeeper Dieter and Sandra (glider pilot) .

SSCBD

Had to divert to Warwick on Monday afternoon the 13th and stay the night which was not on the flight plan at all.

Dieter and Sandra came over and offered us anything we needed, helped with the tie down, ran us into town to the pub / motel for the night. Could not be more helpful. Both also would not take a cent.

Thankyou Dieter and Sandra

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Warwick will be one of my regular spots now that I have escaped the 25nm boundaries of my RPL.

Got a question, I flew up there on new years eve on a whim, and I was reading about landing fees. Apparently there is a $10 fee that works on an honour system. I looked in the terminal building but there was no info. There was also no info on where to tie down for the night or any parking charges. Being new years eve, ringing the council number was pointless. I ended up asking one of the people from the gliding club where to park and he showed me the tie-downs in front of the terminal, so I stopped there for the night.

Anyone who has been to Warwick will tell you its an a-class airstrip, so I dont mind forking out $10 for landing there.

20160101_090036%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

A shamless plug, don't forget Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Club at Clifton just North of Warwick. Onsite accommodation, kitchen amd loan car all available.Wayne

A friend of mine just told me I need to go check out Clifton. I am going to take him up to Wellcamp for a look, so might visit Clifton as well. He has never been in to Warwick, so sounds like the day will be redcliffe-clifton-warwick-redcliffe

• Like 1

A shamless plug, don't forget Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Club at Clifton just North of Warwick. Onsite accommodation, kitchen amd loan car all available.Wayne

WAYNE

That is a smartarse, nasty comment above - You must be bored with nothing else to do but make assumptions . Why Wayne, what reason did you post this negative response!

To be CLEAR.

1. I have no commercial connection with Warwick " whatsoever" and it was my first landing at the strip which was not planned.

2. I know no one from Warrick till I met these great people!

3. This was a nice way I thought to repay the kindness given to us when we landed.

By the way

Is Clifton in a spot of trouble? as by your post and "my assumption" of your post suggests to me, this to drum up business?

And shameless is spelt like this not the way you did.

Ok I got the spelling wrong, but I did not think I deserve the comments about my post. I think it is great that you were well looked after at Warwick and that you decided to lets us know. I just thought that pilots might like to know about Clifton as another place to visit when in the area.

Wayne

WAYNEThat is a smartarse, nasty comment above - You must be bored with nothing else to do but make assumptions . Why Wayne, what reason did you post this negative response!

To be CLEAR.

1. I have no commercial connection with Warwick " whatsoever" and it was my first landing at the strip which was not planned.

2. I know no one from Warrick till I met these great people!

3. This was a nice way I thought to repay the kindness given to us when we landed.

By the way

Is Clifton in a spot of trouble? as by your post and "my assumption" of your post suggests to me, this to drum up business?

And shameless is spelt like this not the way you did.

SSCBD I think you may have the wrong end of the stick here.

I took WayneL's "a shamless (sic) plug" as referring to his post - NOT yours.

If that is the case (and I think it is) then you owe him an apology.

....And "Warrick" (in 2.) should be "Warwick".

DWF

• Agree 1

Settle down fellas, take a step back and cool off for a minute.

SSCBD I think you will find that WayneL was basically doing the same thing as yourself by letting us know about a nice airfield with friendly resources, I think saying his post was a smatarse and nasty was a bit over the top.

• Agree 4