Taildragger Heaven

BJFly

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having trouble transfering the storch pic i,ll try again sir

You'll have some fun with that flying machine. And if your not happy with someone you can go into a bombing run! Hopefully catch you next week.

Yeah she ain,t pretty though but a nice flying platform nether the less hoping to have here their sat if not i,ll drive down with the sheep eh

Quite the contrary, she looks good. I remember when the Savs first came out they looked quite agricultural but now just sweet. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...............

Whilst we have enjoyed some excellent rain up our way like every other keen pilot I have been getting the shakes sitting on the ground.

Today The weather gods gave us 2 hours of sunshine, scattered cloud and light winds so up early for a flight in the Courier followed by a flight in a J120. Tip for young players, don't forget carby heat on such a humid day, we had a good dose of carby ice in the J120 today.

Here's a pic for all those still stuck on the ground with the weather.

image.jpeg.3a5ff7a09035b7adc07e4a6e6aaa8b3a.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Late yesterday and early this morning it was time to start on my mate and co-owners tail wheel endorsement. Only early days but things coming along nicely. The Courier is turning out to be a nice handling, very capable and somewhat forgiving aircraft. I have managed to put 14 hours on her in the last few weeks and always finish up with a big smile on the face.

After some circuits at Childers took the short hop to Maryborough for a cuppa with Russ from Pro Sky Maryborough. Here's a couple of pics, the lake is Lake Lenthils which lies between Childers and Maryborough.

image.jpeg.790b13f8e34c2218ca72b7faeff6d445.jpeg

image.jpeg.3df1cfbf9efdc07b433841b799f07af9.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi All,Late yesterday and early this morning it was time to start on my mate and co-owners tail wheel endorsement. Only early days but things coming along nicely. The Courier is turning out to be a nice handling, very capable and somewhat forgiving aircraft. I have managed to put 14 hours on her in the last few weeks and always finish up with a big smile on the face.

After some circuits at Childers took the short hop to Maryborough for a cuppa with Russ from Pro Sky Maryborough. Here's a couple of pics, the lake is Lake Lenthils which lies between Childers and Maryborough.

[ATTACH=full]41469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]41470[/ATTACH]

Looks great sir i,m trying hard to retire but got a recall to arms recently from an old employer in a bit of a pickle so for a short time (only) i,m in but it gets in the way this working thing and i,ll bail as soon as we get to safe altitude. Hope to enjoy some fine air with you shortly sir meanwhile enjoy

Hi All,

Great morning for a fly. Scooted up to Bundy, landed and gave my old drifter(Yellow Hornet) a ground run. She is in a hangar awaiting her new owner. Said goodbye to the Hornet and Launched from Bundy - Elliott Heads- Burrum Heads- Buxton - Childers. Slowed the Courier down and enjoyed the flight along the beach with doors open, beautiful!

Here's a couple of pics.

image.jpeg.1e3fc5c563ad293d4caf0600f9c77096.jpeg

image.jpeg.de3f33cc1a7eb044043f16b5fb7aefef.jpeg

image.jpeg.69ac78c1b6a8d082eff322b2055dc35c.jpeg

If you have been out and about in your be-loved taildragger post some pictures for all to enjoy!

• Like 2

Hi All,

Dragged the Courier out of the hangar, loaded the talking baggage (on this occasion my wife) and headed for a lap around Hervey Bay, down the Sandy Straits, along the Mary river, into Maryborough for a cuppa and back to Childers.

Nice calm morning, aircraft running like a dream, its great to be living in Queensland!

image.jpeg.ffb5c024a4066d39392b4dca5a1ff250.jpeg

image.jpeg.7bbd0b3c084b91a8b44b142058b58766.jpeg

image.jpeg.16a0296d2a1d2746a3d34291a9d439d0.jpeg

• Like 3

[ATTACH=full]41598[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]41597[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]41596[/ATTACH] My little bum drager

Nice photo's Doug. Particularly like the beach photo, it combines two of the best things in the world - a nice aircraft (taildragger of course) and a Queensland beach!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

[ATTACH=full]41607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]41608[/ATTACH]This is living !

That looks like a great spot, now you have combined three great things, a Queensland beach, a barbeque and flying a taildragger, looks like I'll have to drop in and say hello!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That looks like a great spot, now you have combined three great things, a Queensland beach, a barbeque and flying a taildragger, looks like I'll have to drop in and say hello!

Come up Easter we be doing all these then 27/28 March. ,

Weather permitting ,."..

Dave see & maybe Keith page could be flying up from therdore area so u will not be the only southern here !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Took the Courier for a short run early today. Also fitted the turtle pac 40 litre Flexi tank to the rear seat for the first time. When I purchased the aircraft a couple of months back the turtle pac and associated plumbing/pump was included.

The tank fits neatly on the rear seat, plugs into a fuel fitting+12v power+earth which is all behind the front seat. Started the aircraft and managed to transfer 20 litres in about 2 min from the turtle pac to the wing tanks.

Seems like a good means of extending range provided you are travelling alone. Gives the aircraft a total of 104 litres.

Here's a few pics.

image.jpeg.eee6e7bd1de394dec9f5f2f326cf81cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.a41faf93759877db29387b6c91635ee3.jpeg

image.jpeg.9b2741e855cfbbb5e0fc188ecfa3064a.jpeg

image.jpeg.f2279a45902b5088e718ba0db0c6c162.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi All,

The ranks of tail Dragger endorsed pilots was boosted today. The co-owner of our bueatiful Rans S-7S earned his TW endorsement and enjoyed his first flight without me pestering him from the rear seat. We have both been impressed with the aircraft.

And to celebrate, of course we squeezed in a quick flight down the beach.

image.jpeg.a7b6af2803f2a176286c331cb3ea2550.jpeg

image.jpeg.60940c1fd86f6be96f557e8a1761cdc7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Every now and then you just have a glorious flight that reminds you how lucky we are to fly. Did that today!

Launched from Childers and set sail for the Northern end of Fraser Island and Orchid Beach. Not a ripple on the water and plenty of boats out and about. Here's a couple of photo's.

image.jpeg.ff516accec5e973b00f42570e7aeb2fe.jpeg

image.jpeg.1b258566f37cc778189164ac3c7dc3fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.077596a3bc2b06b7eebd5ed09bc8e89d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 2