Taildragger Heaven

BJFly

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that Rans S-7S is the same one I was drooling over at Angelfield 1 or 2 flyins ago, couldn't take my eyes off the welded joints, one nice bit of work and a lovely aircraft, maybe it will return on 11th June for our winter flyin Breakfast, best breakfast in Qld.

Pretty sure that Rans S-7S is the same one I was drooling over at Angelfield 1 or 2 flyins ago, couldn't take my eyes off the welded joints, one nice bit of work and a lovely aircraft, maybe it will return on 11th June for our winter flyin Breakfast, best breakfast in Qld.

That's the one, I was at Angelfield a month or two back. The builder who I bought her from has recently completed a Carbon Cub. He sure did a good job. I hope to get to the next Murgon fly-in, come over and say hi!

image.jpeg.ff685db37f1ff0685ae732d18f188196.jpeg

I hope to get to the next Murgon fly-in.

I thought so, what do you mean come and say Hi, I did, but as you had just got in I think I said go have some breakfast, chat later but after a short intro and story you did.

IMG_3243smaller.jpg.d63e4d82cb829fc75d997dae33af671d.jpg

I thought so, what do you mean come and say Hi, I did, but as you had just got in I think I said go have some breakfast, chat later but after a short intro and story you did.

[ATTACH=full]43402[/ATTACH]

We are going to need a secret handshake to be used by all forum members!

We are going to need a secret handshake to be used by all forum members!

Secret handshakes, hmmmmm will leave that to you and other forum members, no way I'm gunna be accused of having done things with sheep or goats, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, so here's where the real flyers post? :)

Some of you folks from the Northern Rivers may recognise the wonderful machine I acquired from your district a few months back: Its kinda distinctive!

But I've since flown it up to its new home on the real 'Northern Rivers' -up in the Top End. Although I hadn't tail-dragged since the very start of my flight training (some years ago), I found it incredibly forgiving to fly and land. Its not 'twitchy' -like some of the newer high performance aircraft. I'd make a great solid aircraft to learn to fly on -if only it was a 24 reg!

Gonna rack up a hundred hours or so in it, get to understand how it flies and then consider whether I want to change the prop and possibly beef up the undercarriage for flying off my own bush strip. The Top End is your playground with one of these!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

My current replica Nieuport 11.C.1, My current Replica Chinook, my current Original Winton Jackaroo.

My old lightwing (just sold). And Patricks Fisher/Drifter with Nieuport couple days ago..image.jpg.a5ea91d60ebdf8e86d832912968ff596.jpg

image.jpg.fd4ad21928b37708b4a9f592f7f63628.jpg

image.jpg.3043a25f622758665e30d6af625ac82d.jpg

image.jpg.db3203467390db31e792dd0458118865.jpg

image.jpg.b71b4547b2bcbfcf39cdd8774de2cdf8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

My current replica Nieuport 11.C.1, My current Replica Chinook, my current Original Winton Jackaroo.My old lightwing (just sold). And Patricks Fisher/Drifter with Nieuport couple days ago..[ATTACH=full]43734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43738[/ATTACH]

That's a real mixed squadron you have, hardest part would be choosing which one to fly today!

image.jpeg.88fdff3c7963e30a842fe2aa65f8d3ae.jpeg

My baby at Maryborough. The builder of my Rans Courier has now finished his latest creation, a fantastic Carbon Cub. Here's a pic.

image.jpeg.a1f0b8cd7fd71a605b4f37f0d0f5350f.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

We are going to need a secret handshake

BJ, How about a secret salute, didn't see you but didn't look at Murgon but you were behind in the fuel queue at Gayndah we were in front in the Drifter, some say I need a hair cut lol

That is a nice Cub

BJ, How about a secret salute, didn't see you but didn't look at Murgon but you were behind in the fuel queue at Gayndah we were in front in the Drifter, some say I need a hair cut lolThat is a nice Cub

Hi mate, I couldn't make it to Gayndah but a mate flew the Courier out to get some aerial photos for the Sport Pilot Mag (now I just need to get my keys back off him). I'm glad to hear there was a good turn up.

• Agree 1

G,day Alan welcome to the forum, thats a nice bird you,ve got their. I,m just back last week from a darwin holliday and would have liked to see her. Iv,e only just got a storch muster myself in january and what an amazing ole girl she is too and just right for dry flood planes and beaches with the undercarridge design she has eh. I just upgraded the maule solid tailwheell to a phenmatic 9" and what a differance that makes as well. Keep us posted on your adventures up their as i,m very interested in returning to that magnificent country soon.

• Agree 1

Hi All,

Quick lap today, Childers-Maryborough-River Heads-Childers.

image.jpeg.3c1b7090c547f4f6e7602873b729c179.jpeg

image.jpeg.2df942e3dba2e943d450d537e22e31c6.jpeg

image.jpeg.6700e2f571ee0ab9d2afdda80d48feca.jpeg

Seamax now based at Maryborough. Stay tuned may be available for training shortly.

• Like 2

My current replica Nieuport 11.C.1, My current Replica Chinook, my current Original Winton Jackaroo.My old lightwing (just sold). And Patricks Fisher/Drifter with Nieuport couple days ago..[ATTACH=full]43734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]43738[/ATTACH]

would be great to see more pics of ya chinook you have close up :)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]43864[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]43865[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]43866[/ATTACH]

Nice job, did you paint the wings to match the rest or is it done in stits type?

looks great, you fly it much?

I have one too that I been restoring..

Pete

Nice job, did you paint the wings to match the rest or is it done in stits type?looks great, you fly it much?

I have one too that I been restoring..

Pete

Yes painted/restored ( as part of movie), and fly it monthly :) have 2 more scenes to film with it before she is sold off.... Maybe late in the year?

• Like 1