Has anyone built one of these yet {lol}

And the wing loading ofSF-1 Archon Aerosports gr"

IS?

VH experimental

spacesailor

Really?

You've only got to look at the way it flies to see it's only an ultralight.

300kg gross weight with a 503, and remember, you can count the area of the lower biplane wing (inside the fuse), so it probably complies with 95:10!

And could easily be built into 101:55/19-xxxx.

• Agree 1

Thanks Arthur.

But it would be wise to get the "wing-loading" spec before you think about spending dollars.

And of course being a home built I could add a large Parawing, say a Hummer-chute.

And of course leave the 20 foot wing on for the good looks.

spacesailor

Just fed the drawing into my CAD program, remember the top of the fuselage on this is also part of the main wing, which appears to have around 147.7 sq ft (13.7sqm) of area, which is way over the maximum required 10 sq m for 95:10, and if you add the lower wing which is another 32.9 sq ft (3.0sqm), this is easily a 95:10 aircraft.

ArchonArea.jpg.ae15e2215ad58d5de1ffb1fc3cbadf77.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

M61A1, HI,

Most of my paper-work is put away, but , "Please" try finding for me,

"21,875 Identification of other aircraft parts."

(1) Subject to regulation 21,880, the manufacturer of a part or product mentioned in paragraphs 21,860(b) or © must legibly & permanently mark on each of those parts or products, as set out in subregulations (3), the following information:

(a) the trademark of or name of the manufacturer:

(b) the part number of the part or product.

Penalty: 20 penalty units.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but thought , do it & save the 20 penalty units: whatever a unit may be. Three paragraphs later is:

"21.880 Identification of other aircraft parts-----other than by marking"

I wont copy anymore of this shet of paper as I cannot get through the lawyer-speak!.

spacesailor

From what I read it is an advisory circular about part marking for certified aircraft, and nothing to do with homebuilts /uncertified aircraft. I haven't seen a part marking on any of my Drifter bits, except engine and serial number. Maybe some Savannah, Zenith or other kit/homebuilders can tell us how many of their parts have part marking on them....

Advisory!!"20 penalty units" fine , could be $20,000.

It came with my "AUF paper-work" after permission to build application.

spacesailor

Could it perhaps be the bit about having an ID plate for the whole aircraft?

the top bit was taken from an advisory circular (advisory in the methods used), but I think that you will find that it refers particularly to "certified" aircraft, and is to do with being "airworthiness" requirement for certified aircraft.

Is this the bit they are talking about?....

21.810 Meaning offireproof

(1) A reference in this Subpart to a fireproof manufacturer’s data plate is a reference to a data plate that:

(a) is made of material that withstands the heat of a fire at least as well as a steel plate of the same size and thickness; and

(b) on which the details that it is required to bear are legibly marked by a fireproof method.

(2) In this Subpart:

fireproof methodof marking means marking by:

(a) etching, stamping or engraving; or

(b) another similar method of marking approved for a particular purpose.

21.820 Manufacturer’s data plate must be attached to aircraft

(1) This regulation sets out the requirements for attaching a manufacturer’s data plate to an aircraft to which this Division applies.

(2) The manufacturer of an aircraft to which this Division applies must attach to it, as set out in subregulations (3) and (4), a fireproof manufacturer’s data plate bearing the following information:

(a) the name of the manufacturer;

(b) the identification number of the aircraft’s type certificate (if any);

© the identification number of the production certificate (if any) under which the aircraft is manufactured;

(d) the aircraft’s model designation;

(e) the aircraft’s serial number.

Penalty: 20 penalty units.

(2A) An offence against subregulation (2) is an offence of strict liability.

Note Forstrict liability, see section 6.1 of theCriminal Code.

(3) The data plate must be attached in a way that ensures that it is not likely to be defaced or removed during normal service, nor lost or destroyed in an accident.

And this bit is from the tech manual....

Section 3.3.2 Issue of registration certificate.

a. The aircraft is required to have a fireproof data plate attached to the airframe that identifies the aircraft (serial number and registration number)

Very simular, but not word for word, as mine is written. And I have seen that page in my papers (Section 3.3.2).

Could you find the meaning of "20 penalty points", my only reference would be the 12 penalty points of the driving licence in NSW, perhaps pilots licence has more points than a car licence.

The fire-proof plate could be of aluminium riveted to the alloy plane, or I could make a stainless steel one & rivet it to the Stainless steel firewall (number one former), or stamp it everywhere.

The 'penalty Points' system is a monetary fine system that allows the value of fines to be updated (for inflation, devaluation of the Australian Paso, etc) so as to not having to keep reprinting the rules and their fines.

Currently I think 1 penalty point is about $180.00.

So 20 points; 20x$180=$3600.00 !

There are no 'points' on your Certificate/License, you either have it or it's suspended.

Not sure if it's ever completely revoked?

Very simular, but not word for word, as mine is written. And I have seen that page in my papers (Section 3.3.2).Could you find the meaning of "20 penalty points", my only reference would be the 12 penalty points of the driving licence in NSW, perhaps pilots licence has more points than a car licence.

The fire-proof plate could be of aluminium riveted to the alloy plane, or I could make a stainless steel one & rivet it to the Stainless steel firewall (number one former), or stamp it everywhere.

Aluminium is not fireproof. Use stainless steel.

My HummelBird has Or HAD, a stainless steel firewall, but it is being replaced with an alloy former to reduce weight, for the wing-load rule.

The sprung suspension is now solid with much smaller wheels, the temperature & fuel level gauges will be removed.

I think I have to have a airspeed and altitude, but nothing else is mandatory .

spacesailor

Which wing loading rule? I hope you aren't even trying to register this as a 95.10

The Hummel Bird has less than 6 sq metres of wing area, which means MTOW is less than 180kg.

Register it under 95.55 at it's designed MTOW of 250kg, it's stall speed is advertised as 42mph (less than 40kts), keep your stainless or steel firewall, or it's not a firewall, and keep your sprung undercarriage, or you will break things.