ERSA changes

Admin

Can anyone tell me how are changes done to the ERSA each quarter? Where does Air Services get the information, from local councils, from airfield owners, what are the sources of the changes?

I am guessing they get feedback on changes from everyone. And I can tell you first hand that they get changes from pilots, because I have sent some stuff through to them before.

Aerodrome Operators are required to make changes known to Air Services. An operator must have a nominated Data Originator.

Civil Aviation Safety Regulation – CASR Part 175 section 175.450 requires aeronautical data originators to supply the AIS provider with the names of the AIP responsible and/or NOTAM authorised persons. The new rules, as defined in subpart 175D will commence for Data Originators once an Originator has been provided with a Data Product Specification (DPS) from the AIS provider, Airservices - DPS example.

Further information on Data Originator requirements can be found here CASR Part 175 Data Originators.

Dont know.. BUt it could be done better.. But i know of 2 country strips show on the charts , that are just not there.. Wallabadah YWBH nsw and woolomin YWOM nsw. I went to look for woolomin by car couldnt find it even when my efb said it was below my feet. Asked in the local shop about where the airstrip was. Blank looks ....no dont have one mate.

Dont know.. BUt it could be done better.. But i know of 2 country strips show on the charts , that are just not there.. Wallabadah YWBH nsw and woolomin YWOM nsw. I went to look for woolomin by car couldnt find it even when my efb said it was below my feet. Asked in the local shop about where the airstrip was. Blank looks ....no dont have one mate.

Not unheard of to have out-of-date info on WACs. Not uncommon to have a well used local strip not shown on WAC's for years and years. Can't beat local info. And what you get from local government offices depends on who you are speaking to. The Shire foreman is likely a better source than the office staff who joined last month.

This fact of unreliable strip info is fundamental to my strong objections to CASA fiddling with the use of Multicom v's Center frequency.

happy days,

I just had a look at YMIM, Miriam Vale. It hasn't been an airstrip for many years but is still in the PCA. We could use 126.7 in that area quite legally, although there is nothing except a failed forestry plot there. We are supposed to use area frequency at Rodds Bay which is 16 miles from YMIM. Most people use 126.7, which is legal for Agnes Water, althouugh Rodds is closer to gladstone on 118.8.

What a cock up the CASA decision to use area for those strips, not on the map. It wastes time on air as sometimes we have to explain where Rodds Bay is to someone the other side of Rockhampton for example.

You are spot on kgwilson - I am the nominated Data Originator for YCDE (Cobden Victoria) which is maintained by the Corangamite Shire under advisement from the "Cobden Aerodrome Committee of Management" to which I belong.

YWBH - AOPA Guide says contact Sandy MacDonald 02 6746 5555

YWOM - AOPA Guide says contact Northcotte Station 02 6764 2433 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-mixed+farming-nsw-tamworth-7767305