RAAus changes to applicable requirements ...

kasper

How long do you think it should take for changes in RAAus requirements under CAOs to be made public?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you think it should take for changes in RAAus requirements under CAOs to be made public?

• Before they apply to members/aircraft
    • Immediately on becoming applicable to members/aircraft
    • As soon as we can get around to it
    • A year or more is an OK delay isn't it?

Because that would require Jabiru to defend their engine's reliability record.I'd love to buy a 2200 but I just don't want to be that guy.

Fine: don't. Don't buy a CAE 2200 either. CAMit doesn't need the aggro coming from someone who can't deduce how his aircraft's control runs operate (a basic understanding of mechanics), making accusations of faults from the installation of one of its engines by a numpty. PLEASE - buy a rotax. Then, we can all enjoy your explanation of how much better value it is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An EFIS upgrade would require nothing but a email Id expect, No inspection or nothing. Id suggest its a good idea to make sure installed correctly.New replacement engine same or similar would also require a email, L2 wasnt needed.

Replacing a part same as original would quite sensibly require an L2 or at least another maintainer as you have fiddled with control cables

Why should any maintainer need some sort of RAA approval to carry out an engine change (replacement with same type)? If it really is coming to that, it's ores than I thought.

This sort of regulation is more about squeezing out cheap aircraft ownership options and pushing pilots into renting, good for the flying schools but bad for the industry in the long run.

Nope. It's all about arxe covering and avoiding litigation.

• Like 1