The RISEN aircraft

farri

I used to think Porsche, Ferrari etc were awesome until I realised Hyundai were building the same thing for 1/10th of the price.

I am seriously underwhelmed by that being a 1/4 of a million dollars.

• Agree 1

But it has a payload (including fuel and the toothbrush) of only 175.5kg ... 2 mythical 86kg people = 172kg ... 3.5kg of fuel = 5l ... on the 912 100hp that's about taxi out, power check, takeoff and glide to land without power ... not a practical 2 seater by any measure.

• Agree 1

Beautiful sport touring aircraft that shows what can be done at a cost - yes. Has the FIA speed record of 175kts.

Yes its a bowling green landing aircraft and Roberto is looking to increase weight and the undercart strength next year. Cost is high but expect it to come down once the facilities are paid for.

It just shows what can be done for the high cruise speed end of the market in Europe. Not suitable for Aust till undercart is stronger.

not a practical 2 seater by any measure.

Yeeaaahhhh! but! It`s an Ultralight and it has a Ballistic Parachute, Retractable Undercarriage, Rotax 912 engine, Variable Pitch Prop, Auto Pilot, Auto Canopy, a 123 cm, plushy Cabin, a glide ratio of 1:23 and 2 years maintenance and support! Oh! It`s constructed of Carbon Fiber and goes like a cut cat.....All I need now, is some Crowd Funding!!!! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif022_wink.gif.9d61fed85ccaec4ccc17040770c5c601.gif022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Haha 2

Ok it's the fastest in it's class. Step up from that class and go faster for cheaper.

I have nothing against it, great looking thing, just tired of seeing craft being released that not many can afford and I'll say it again, anyone can build such a craft for such money, there's nothing special about that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2